View Single Post

Thread: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

1. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

Maybe Sidious made a Sith holocron?
    Quote Originally Posted by napoleon_in_rag View Post
    Why isn't the tie interceptor firing? Is the pilot thinking "instead of my 4 rapid fire blasters, I am going to run into Rey at high speed." If he did hit her, he wouldn't be able to see out the windshield because of all the guts and blood.
    Because it was sabotaged, because Kylo is trying to take her in alive, because this some weird kind of reflex training, because this is a dream, because, because, because, because. can't we wait until the actual freaking mowine before nitpicking its logic?

Quote Originally Posted by napoleon_in_rag View Post
    -Does the cackling at the end mean that Palpatine survived the fall? Because Dark Maul survived a fall from a great height. So did Luke Skywalker. And Anakin Skywalker. Hmmm..... Does this mean Mace Windu could still be alive? Maybe he is Rey's father.
    We've seen Palpatine explode (also he'd be well over 110 by the time of that movie). If he survivd there's magic at play. Might just be flashback though
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    *takes a look at thread*

Well, I certainly don't want to be taking part of a discussion in THAT environment of hate and vitriol.

I'll just say that I'm hyped to see the conclusion of the sequel trilogy, if not at the same level of hype I hold for Endgame.

I'll be back in 8 months, when I can be told why I'm objectively wrong for liking these movies that supposedly trampled my childhood.
    Yeah that's basically any Star Wars discussion these days. See you in eight months.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    This whole "a thousand generations live in you now" bit bugs me. Rey doesn't have to be the Avatar.
    You're reading literally a pretty straigthforward metonymy. The legacy of a thousand generations lives within her
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2019-04-13 at 02:29 AM.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.