Quote Originally Posted by Alucard89 View Post
Optimal choice at that levels is War Caster
Except for the fact that we can't take War Caster at level 1 because a level 1 Paladin doesn't have any Spellcasting ability.

Optimal choices stay strong and relevant through whole build career.
Except we don't have any feat that stays strong and relevant through the entire build career. Polearm Master is fantastic during levels 1-9, and then starts to fall off, but still being relevant, during levels 10-13, and only starts becoming weak during levels 14+, when you start getting enough resources to start using Quicken Spell reliably in combat.

Resilient (Con)'s boost to Constitution saves only really kicks in when we pick up the Sorcerer side of the build, and we start getting spells that we absolutely need to keep going for a long as possible. A Paladin has Bless, sure. But Bless boosts our Concentration Saves itself, and whilst it's strong, it's not as potent as Hold Person or Haste is. Now, Oath of Conquest and Oath of Vengeance do get Hold Person at level 5, but by then you would have likely picked up War Caster, and the Advantedge is worth far more than a +2, +3 to saves at this point, especially as we get Aura of Protection not long after. As for other Oath's, you need to wait until your getting your 2nd or 3rd level Sorcerer spells at level's 9-11. Which is about the same time that Polearm Master starts falling off funnily enough.

The only feat which you might be able to argue is an optimal choice during the entire 1-20 run, is Lucky. Due to being able to be used in clutch situations to pull your ass out of the fire, either by negating a crit or making that crucial save. Something that helps you even during the later levels. But I would say that Lucky, whilst an undoubtedly strong pick, isn't the 100% must-have level 1 feat pick of a Sorcadin. After all, Lucky simply keeps you alive for a little bit longer in a battle, whilst something like Polearm Master can be used to help end the battles quicker so the entire party can survive.

I don't think I could bring a dolphin to a thread about fish biology, only because of similarity. "But both swim and have fins".
Well no. That would be silly. But comparing say, a Bottlenose Dolphin to a Spinner Dolphin? Or say, a Great White Shark to a Tiger Shark? That makes much more sense, as they have many more similarities than they do differences.

Like how a 2/18 Paladin/Sorcerer Build vs a 2/18 Hexblade/Sorcerer build have more similarities than they do differences

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
I know this is not relevant with the point you try to make in your answer, so apologies for derailing this a bit.
... Kinda says to me why I prefer the 6/14 Sorcadin build over the 2/18, and that a 2/18 HexSorc, with Repelling Blast to help keep foes at bay does seem to be a better choice over a 2/18 Sorcadin build.