1. - Top - End - #993
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Unlimited Blade Works: The Guide to the Ultimate Paladin/Sorcerer Multiclass

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Nappa View Post
    7th level Sorcerer spells look more impressive than 8th level spells for Sorcerer.

Reverse Gravity, Etherealness, Fire Storm, and Whirlwind are all flavorful, powerful, and offer some sort of capstone-feeling power to a 6/14 Sorcadin. Reverse Gravity especially shuts down mobs of melee-restricted enemies like hordes of soldiers, giants, most orcs, etc.

Sure, Wizards have more possible tricks and combinations but realistically speaking
    • A Wizard Probably Only has 2 Ninth Level Spells Prepared
    • Only 1 Slot for them
    • Is Most Likely going to be Wish / Filler
    • Probably Appreciates another High Level caster picking up other spells to complement them
    • You are not always going to be in a party with a Wizard
    • Having a teammate who can do cool things doesn't mean you can't do them

For a 6/14
    If you take Bard levels early on you are delaying access to ASIs, Aura, Metamagic, and SP in some order. If you take them late you are losing SP, potentially 7th level spells (not slots but spells known), and your 14th level Sorcerer ability. For several subclasses, Sorcerer 14 is at-will flight. 2 Cantrips, 3 Skills, some Level 1 Spells are making me drop Auras or at-will Flight because...?
    Yes, i agree the sorcerer lvl 7 spells is better than their lvl 8, but that dosnt make it great. Reverse Gravity is good but, basically i see this spell being a bit messy and requires a ton of DM interpretation as to how it actually works beyond the very basic initial effect that happens the moment you cast it.

When multiclassing im talking about the later lvls. Multiclassing early is of course a bad idea, as delaying all your core abilities as a Sorcadin is bad. As for losses, the biggest drawback with multiclassing into bard is the at will flight from the sorcerer 14 feature.

However you will gain:
    - 5 Bardic inspiration Die (or more if you managed to increase your charisma beyond 20) that you can use to improve your defense (Sword) or offense (Whisperer) or buff an ally. Sword bard also gets a Fighting Style (+2 damage on attack)

- Major Skill improvements and a buff to your initiative (Expertice / Jack of all Trades)

- 6 Spells known from 1st and 2nd lvl (Bard has some nice spells that can provide some good synergy in a Sorcadin build, for example Dissonant Whispers, Longstrider, Suggestion or possibly a spell that is allready on your sorcerer spell list freeing up your sorcerer spell for something else)

Overall i would say that you gain quite a lot and definitly worth a concideration.
    Last edited by Swosh; 2019-05-01 at 01:02 AM.