Quote Originally Posted by snowblizz View Post
On another note "Country" is always the same place, all my idiot calls seemed to come from there, so I have decided to not embarrass any people from Country by naming and shaming them. Let's just say they were well known at HR for tossing us idiot balls (ask me about the torn up doctor's note).
*Shrugs*

Could be Germany, for all I know.

Which would be quite understandable, as all of your three examples go against established work culture here:
- You can't have a work contract based on % sales. As an independent contractor, yes, that would work, but not as a work contract. Either fixed base salary or an hourly rate and an supplementary contract for your bonus on top would work.
- Pay day is mostly around the 25th, so the cash can be at the employees bank account at the 28th, as all relevant bills are due at the 1st. The rare alternative is the combination of 12th/15th for subcontractors due to the time it takes to process their bills, but that's rather frowned upon.
- Social security numbers and, in sensitive cases, passport numbers have to be reported up and down the whole employment chain for due diligence purposes, including sub-contractors and outsourced jobs. Even a bureaucratic mammoth like the Deutsche Bahn AG (Mass Transit Authority) will keep records of anyone working on their behalf, even down to the sub- sub- sub- contractor base because they are liable for a lot of things and being checked by the government agencies on that.