1. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Turning the Hexblade "Patron" into modular powers

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Having a "Curse Pact" as a third-level thing in place of other Pacts is not something I'd considered, but seems to defeat the purpose of the Hexblade Patron in the first place: complementing and patching the flaws in the Pact of the Blade.
    Depends on how you are looking at "fixing" the Hexblade. With the addition of Cantrips like Booming Blade, etc means that being able to get into melee and do decent damage even at 1st level, isn't a problem.

If all your worried about is adding "Hexblade's Curse" to Blade Pact, then having the "Eldritch Curse" spell with Invocation enhancement solves that.

Just keep in mind that the spell/Invocation can also be taken by both Chain and Tome and be almost as "effective" as Blade.
    With the "Curse" Pact, players were able to get all the "affect the foe" Abilities of the (original) Hexblade.

And "Blade" Pact got Weapon versatility.

With maybe only needing the "Eldritch Armaments" Invocation to either of those Pacts.

With all the Patrons/Pacts still being able to "Gish" from the ability to use Weapon Cantrips, light armor, a shield, and maybe a Weapon from 1st level.
    I'll type up the different changes so that my testing Players can read them over. I'll try to post everything, but may take some time.

I liked the debate, and look forward to seeing some Playtesting results.
    Last edited by Great Dragon; 2019-05-22 at 07:53 PM.