View Single Post

Thread: The Three Musketeers (IC)

1. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: The Three Musketeers (IC)

Leofric's conversation with the dwarves continues for a short while longer.

A few hours pass, and the sun is almost setting. A modest crowd of a few hundred begin entering the arena. When Cayde and Borb enter, they are greeted by a dwarven child starting to grow a patchy chinstrap black beard, who puffs up his chest and is clearly straining to keep his voice as low as he can make it.
    "Hi, um, Mr. Cayde and Mr. Borb? I'm your attendant for tonight's fight! You'll need these bracelets. Whatever you do, don't take them off! They make it so that you'll be healed after the fight is over, and so you can't hurt your opponents too badly...um..."
    All his words so far have sounded highly scripted, except for the part about hurting opponents. He soon regains his train of thought:
    "Right! The rules are, don't do anything that can permanently impair your opponents like making them blind or something. We want everyone to be able to compete again! And no dispelling the bracelets. Nothing that could hurt the crowd, though the walls are pretty good! The fight ends when all the members of one party are down!"
    The crowd inside cheers as you hear what sounds like Jorthun's voice booming through the arena.
    "Make sure you keep those bracelets on, don't do anything until the horn blows, and stop everything once the horn blows again!"
    He looks around and whispers to you both in a normal, higher pitched voice for his age: "Please win tonight, ok? I've got 10 of my own silver pieces on you guys!"
    He hands you both the bracelets.
    "Uh, got any questions? You're my first contestants I've attended, but I've been going to these matches since I was a baby!"
    Last edited by antoin; 2019-06-02 at 10:27 PM.
    "A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to."
    -Gandalf the Grey, The Lord of the Rings