Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
Workers are insta build, but they have charges. So a worker can only make 3 improvements. Policies and wonders can increase that amount.
Ah, that would be why they mysteriously disappeared. So nice of them to make that clear...

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
Also, cities now gain the ability to attack when you build City Walls. Usually it's nice to hold to some cash and then instantly "buy" the walls when you really need it.
Ah, putting the ability behind an upgrade does make sense, but if they actually told me that anywhere I missed it.

It seems like early game now almost requires pretty heavy investment in troops to contend with barbarians. Maybe that was the case in the harder difficulties of 5 too, but I was used to having a bit of time to upgrade before having to deal with them. So far the distance between empires seems to be a lot more too, which seems nice.
Early resource tiles also seem to be less important than before, but still too early to know how that really plays out. Getting a mine or farm out early didn't seem to be much of a boost.