Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
See this seems odd to me, because I’ve always felt From games do a very good job of telegraphing what you need to do to beat just about every boss that isn’t named Bed of Chaos. The boss does a start up animation on its attack, learn the pose to figure out which direction the attack will go, when the start up animation finishes perform the defense of choice, then attack once or twice and wait for the next start up animation. Some of the bosses attacks are chains so there might not be a window to attack until after the last move of the chain, but usually after this the boss has a longer finishing animation so you can punish them with a stronger move.
I think it's very easy to find one way that can damage a boss but is very difficult to pull off, and then focusing on mastering it while not trying to find diferent ways that are much easier.
It seems that you found the solution and so you keep doing that thing over and over without discovering much faster ways.

I think the problem is that enemies can kill you very fast and you really don't want to to go through the loading screen and running all the way back to the boss from the respawn point, which really strongly incentivises you to not try anything fancy or risky.
In Sekiro, you at least spawn very close to the bosses and can reach them in 10-20 seconds, from what I've been seeing so far. But still the game reloads the entire area from scratch, instead of just resetting the boss and your character, which gets quite annoying. In Demon's Souls, the respawn was always at the start of the level and the boss at the end. Getting back to the boss without getting killed by enemies or falls could take a considerable amount of time.