Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
”Just looking for a place to sit. I’m Lauren. Nice to meet you,” she says, stepping in and setting her trunk to the side. “I don’t think I’ve met any Americans at Hogwarts before. Are you new?”
Well, Lauren, I don’t have a need for all this space. Why don’t you join me?

Yeah,
she goes on after Lauren seats herself. My mom got promoted by the Congress to be the US liaison with your Ministry of Magic. So, we moved to London, and someone somewhere got me transferred to Hogwarts. Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Annette.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
Faith pauses for just a bit too long, frozen on the door way. Finally, she steps smoothly into the compartment. "Please pardon my intrusion. One of the professors asked me to check in on our new transfer student," she answers, speaking as though her pause never occurred. "My name is Faith O'Leary, and I am a prefect of Ravenclaw House. I can answer more general questions when we arrive at Hogwarts, and give you a tour of the grounds if you so choose, but for now I simply wanted to make sure that there was nothing you needed on the trip and to answer any preliminary questions you might have."
Annette blinked. Uhh. I’m fine? I guess? And you don’t have to lie if you want to talk to me. Professor McGonagall told me that I wouldn’t be disturbed on my ride to Hogwarts. So I doubt that any professor on board asked you to look in on me. They probably would have done so on their own.

Annette, having delivered her retort, changed her countenance to something more neutral.

Care to try again?