Quote Originally Posted by uncool View Post
Depends strongly on the abridged (or the abridger). The big-name series are pretty good on their own - I've never seen Hellsing, but Hellsing abridged is damn amusing. You're almost guaranteed to be missing out on some of the humor, though - I've also seen DBZA, and their series definitely had some jokes that really only work for people who watched the show (e.g. Piccolo's backstory references). With most of the random abridged series I've seen, most of the humor comes from subverting the series, which only works if you've seen it (e.g. Code Ment does a lot by making Lelouch stupid, Suzaku a complete moron, etc.)

On that note, which abridged series would you guys recommend? I've seen most of the major ones - DBZA, Hellsing Abridged, YGOTAS, SAOA, and Code Ment - and am hoping there are others close to the same level.
I liked Hellsing abridged even though I only kind of watched Hellsing for like two episodes and don't really remember it. its definitely the blackest of TFS's humor though.

Sorry, you've probably seen all the good ones to my knowledge. I mean there is a single episode of MHA Abridged made by the same guy who did SAOA with Takahata doing a great All-Might, but Something Witty takes forever and a half to make any episodes at all.