View Single Post

Thread: 7 Sins IC

1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: 7 Sins IC

Spoiler: Aoba
    Show
    The infiltrator fighting with Irina not only fails to both maintain his choke hold and dodge your punch - he fails to do either. You hear a loud crack as your fist connects with his temple, and he hits the floor. As he lays motionless, a small amount of pink liquid pools in his ear. It's a cerebrospinal fluid leak - you hit him hard enough to damage the lining around his brain.

"Well, my friend," Irina sighs, "We have much cleanup to organize, yes? Once we both have a few minutes to breathe, I will bring a bottle of your choosing over by your office."

S2 reports the sniper has gotten away, but you got a good haul for interrogation - two Vatican commandos, however many of the decoy team survived the trip back to base, and whoever this infiltrator is, though it remains to be seen how bad the head trauma really is.

The civilians are hauled off to Babylon temporarily for their own safety, and will remain there until non-emergency transport is organized.

The pilots arrive at Babylon first, along with the injured S2 agents. Next come the directors and injured civilians. Other S2 and civilians are a lower priority, but eventually, you have quite a party at the base.

Spoiler: Xiren
    Show
    You're encouraged to take a nap, but the medics are up to their ears in serious injuries, so it won't be enforced.

Shortly after your arrival, you're approached by Jacob. S2 apparently didn't manage to wipe that smug look off his face.

"I heard you had unwelcome guests. Might I interest you in a bit of quiet conversation? Of course, I must know what you chose in the end: the open hand, or the closed fist?"

Spoiler: Ryall
    Show
    Jacob is right back at it, of course. His father is nearby, but perhaps, with so much commotion, you can organize something.

Though something does bug you a little. One of the nurses comes by and advises you to try to take a nap. Not go to bed for the night, despite it being rather late at this point. You didn't suffer any ill effects from the flashbang, so that can't be it.

Spoiler: Liza
    Show
    You're in the clear. Since the one agent who last saw you run off with your weapon is now being taken to surgery, there's no one to tell you to give it back. Congratulations: you're now the proud owner of a Beretta M9 - the sidearm of choice for S2 agents. NATO compliant and everything! Shame that information means nothing to you.

Irina hobbles in with Aoba, apparently having been evacuated unscathed, though her dress uniform is a bit ruffled.

Spoiler: Takeo
    Show
    You feel great. Well, physically, anyway. Better than Carmen, at least. She's shell shocked on top of everything, and not responding to verbal prompts. A nurse comes by to tell you to take a nap, but who needs one? You're good to get in the Virtue anytime.

"You look good for someone who just ate a flashbang." Akari quips. She opens her mouth to continue, then furrows her brow. "Radio calls - I need to go help put out fires. Don't run off. We need you to stick close."

Akari wouldn't directly tell you that unless something was up.

Spoiler: Mimi
    Show
    Well, that was a disaster. You just earned yourself a bunch more paperwork with the APC stunt, but at least none of your people got hurt, and you've been filled in on the status of the prisoners.

Three captured extremists from the first wave. They were the distraction meant to lure away the commander.

Two captured Vatican commandos. They're in very bad shape, and might not make it.

One captured infiltrator. He came in with severe head trauma, condition critical.

Session 1 complete! Everyone (including statted NPCs) take 20xp and 2e.

Everyone who attended the gala: take a bravery roll. Those of you with Skill Proficiency: Combat do so at a bonus of +20. This roll is unaffected by fatigue or injury. On failure, take 1d6 stress.
    Last edited by fibericon; 2019-07-12 at 03:49 AM.
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show