Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
My preferred option for this is Rogue 1/Wizard 4/Unseen Seer 10/Arcane Trickster 5.
[...]
thanks

this look similar to the build posted by Anthrowhale:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthrowhale View Post
Rogue 3/Wizard 2/Unseen Seer 10/Arcane Trickster 5

and since you two know better than me, I imagine this rogue/wiz/ur/at is the best way to go.

I must say though that if what Venger said is true:

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
beguilers are very friendly to new players

your campaign sounds like it will have a lot of roleplay and social stuff in it, so beguiler is probably a great fit
it could be a good idea to go Beguiler, and postpone the SneakMelee+Magic build to the future, when I'll understand better the rules and the variables of combat

I highly recommend dipping mindbender 1 at 6 for telepathy so you can take mindsight. you won't regret it
sadly I checked and while the class Mindbender is indeed allowed, I can't use the manual with the feat Mindsight ("Lord of Madness", if I am not mistaken)

the other option in the Guide you sent was to take 1 Level of Shadow Adept, I don't know if you think that's useful (I understand that is still great to delay Advanced Learning and get better spells, right?)

also, despite what some say in this forum in other threads I just read, I think that the Versatile Spellcaster "cheat" to get higher "unknown" spells is something that they would never allow me in the table

if I decide to go as a Beguiler for my first D&D game, I imagine I shouldn't use this topic to ask about it, right?
Or is it ok to keep asking here?
I don't wanna be a nuisance and open a thousand threads, but at the same time I don't wanna break any forum rule either..