Quote Originally Posted by Piggy Knowles View Post
Keeping the Int-focus and your Daring Outlaw idea, you could go with something straightforward like Rogue 3/Swashbuckler 3/Assassin 7/Swashbuckler +7, to end with +17 BAB, 4th-level assassin spells, +11d6 sneak attack, Int to damage, good skills, etc. With the penetrating strike alternative class feature replacing trap sense, you can still do well against enemies ordinarily immune to sneak attack, and you can still go all in with the Two-Weapon Fighting line and wraithstrike.

[...]
Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
Here are some of my thoughts: [....]

[Unseen Seer Gish]

that's a ton of information, thanks :D

and thank you Darrin for the very specific builds... although for what I've read, I'm pretty sure some of the manual I'd need are not allowed in my 'table'.

Honestly, after reading all the builds and links, I'm kinda sold on the "Beguiler" idea.
It's perfect for the characterization, even more than the sneak+mage builds (I thought of a sneaky, quick, pragmatical fighter because I never wanted to be a front line fighter, and at the same time the Wizard really didn't fit both thematically, background and characterization-wise)

but everything about Beguiler (a class I didn't know at all ) is literally perfect for this character (and as I said, this 'table' has a lot of focus on roleplaying and social stuff).

The feeling, the lore (and all those shadow-stuff!)... it's spot on.

Also, despite being a spellcaster, it feels "easier" to learn than the melee build... or at least it sounds easier and I'm very mistaken

I'm sorry if I made you all waste some time in writing an optimized build for the Rogue, although I'm definitely studying everything (especially the different Unseen Seer builds) for a future character :)

Just to be sure... since the title of the thread is 'vague' and I'm still in need of some help to build the Beguiler, can I keep using this thread or should I delete it and make a new one in the future?