View Single Post

Thread: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

1. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

Reno: absolutely absurd tempo play. 4.5 mana's worth of stats AND a board clear. It's like the AoE version of Vilespine. Surprised this isn't in Rogue, honestly, because it's a very Rogue feeling. Oh wait, that's right. Board clears "go against Rogue's class identity", womp womp. I don't know what Highlander Mage looks like, or really any Highlander deck now that OG Reno isn't in rotation. Reno decks focused on utilizing his massive healing to support a control playstyle with a lot of tech cards as one-offs. Reno here feels like a strong tempo play for a midrange deck. Good but not broken enough.

Brann: interesting, great stats, although Hunter also doesn't have good ways to replay this. I doubt it will be played, simply because Dire Frenzy exists, and it's just not good enough/doesn't enable a different enough archetype to justify not running Dire Frenzy.

Elise: someone pointed out that you can duplicate Chef Nomi + Floop, and you don't even need to run a Highlander deck, just draw all your cards (or enough of them). Congrats, you now have four Chef Nomis in Druid, which has Miracle cycling with Gadgetzan. That's busted enough to be meta.

Sir Finley: weird class for this effect, especially given how Paladin is built around using its hero power for tokens. There's probably enough good hero powers for Control, though. 2-damage Fireblast, 4 Armor, 4 Healing, 2 Armor plus 2 Attack, a 2/2 weapon, those are all pretty good for sustain or for controlling the board. Double tokens is better Paladin. So if there's a strong Paladin combo out there....

The biggest problem, as Kibler pointed out on Twitter, is that most of these get deactivated by Bomb Warrior, inherently.
    Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem; 2019-07-18 at 06:10 PM.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.