Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
[Shady Park]

The King in Rags... is speechless for a moment. Obviously, his features are unchanging, but Ilpholin will no doubt notice that this ancient being is shocked and lost for words, just for a brief moment. Then, he laughs. It's a surprisingly deep and hearty laugh - as if not belonging in his current body - but there's a growl of a beast, the crying of carrion-birds and the rattle of dying prey in this sound.

"Oh, Ilpholin. You are not afraid to ask the impossible, are you? Had I only someone like you in the time before." The branches on his back spread wider. "But it is not impossible. Not easy, either, but I am a Lord of the Faerie. There's someone who still owes me some obligations and with whose help I will give you what you ask for. One way or another."
[Shady Park]

There's an internal sigh of relief by Ilpholin. The King in Rags could have reacted in any number of ways to that request, some of which could be quite detrimental.

"Cessie says I'm brazen, but I prefer the term bold." Ilpholin allows a small smile to play to her lips for a moment before moving on. "Then it's a deal. Do this and I'll also consider us thoroughly settled for any outstanding dues. You know where to find me when you're ready. Or at least where to contact me. Once the deed is done, I shall embark on this mission of yours."

"Speaking of, was there anything else I should know about it? For instance, does your former vassal have a name I should use?" She probably had multiple names, but at least one of them was appropriate for addressing her.