Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
My chatbot is on both, whatever it finds easier it'll steer to. Also, your only aiming for the Prequel movies? At least tell me your trying for Revenge of the Sith. Mines aimed at The Force Awakens but its almost good enough to reach Solo.
I made one meant to make Rogue One still a solid movie, but less bleak and depressing. It wasn't running well, so I made a second one. Then the two started arguing about whether or not the ones who actually sent the plans were supposed to have never been seen again, and got nothing done.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
The trouble is, I can easily see a scenario where people would sign away their rights to steering the car or choosing their course — insurance liability. The auto manufacturers might decide to accept liability for accidents caused by their magic autocars if and only if the passengers agree not to interfere with its course.
That's one of the nastiest ways I've heard to punish someone for trying to save their own life. If the car gets totaled because the passenger switched to manual to make the accident go from "4 cars colliding, holds up interstate and kills 3" to "not strictly speaking impossible to survive, one car veers off and hits the side of the road", and then because the passenger switched to manual to avoid a bigger crash they have to pay for it? That is downright diabolical. It might not necessarily be the permutation you were looking for, but its in the same vein and one of its unfortunate conclusions without relevant laws saying that in the event of a life-threatening situation the passenger is not at fault/cannot be penalized for side effects pertaining to switching to a manual mode.

To clarify, this is continuing the hypothetical scenario that's being discussed and in no way referring to any real life political situation.
Actually, I might use this as a way to setup a slightly futuristic, probably mildly dystopic (more "suckier version" than outright dystopia) setting (party is together because they have to settle a bill and have to do a heist or something to actually get enough money to secure their opportunity to make it to court/to pay the fine, maybe add in later espionage bits).