View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #1173 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #1173 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Thing is, what does this solve? Are we assuming that the vampires have a literal one-vote (e.g., 8-7) majority and the reversal of that vote after the vamps are dust will save the planet (rather than, say 9-7 which would lead to a further tie)?

Yeah, but Make whole is a second-level cleric spell. Even the assistant overnight caretaker acolytes could probably cast it.
    Two things here.

-If the vote is 8-7, then switching one vote over will lead to a 7-8 vote. I count 16 clan heads, with 7 casting 'yes' vote; I assume two others voted and just weren't shown in the comic. If it's 9-7, then it becomes a tie, and I assume in the case of a tie Dvalin gets to cast his vote how he pleases.
    -You're assuming that the clans cannot change their vote once cast. And even if they couldn't normally, I imagine they can when it's clear there was vampiric influence on the council's vote. And it's unlikely that the vampire will be able to act with impunity on this second vote. All they need to do to get rid of the domination is walk out through the orange barrier and then back in.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2019-08-01 at 12:10 PM.
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig