Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
[Erin's]

Iknika turns back to look at Yasril with a perplexed expression.

"It doesn't matter how good you are, someone or something is always going to get through. That's what Lady Eschelle told me. You can never assume you're ready for everything."
Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
Erin's

"It's a battlemage robe, worn by war-wizards. There's a lot of things going on in battles, and war-wizards are a valuable target. Physical protection like this leaves them free to use their magics upon the enemy, or protecting themselves from enemy wizards, without leaving them vulnerable to arrows and such. Besides, some types of magic don't offer much in the way of personal protection from assault, like mine. I can summon monsters and teleport things and myself, if I wanted to take that risk, but I can't create barriers of force, make myself as hard as a rock or weave the winds to deflect arrows away from me." She's still a pretty useful asset, or would be if she were older. Teleporting food and supplies to an army reduces the need for a baggage train, and summoned monsters provide troops.
[Erin's]

Yasril has a contemplative expression. "I... hadn't thought of it that way." She says, mulling over their words. "Maybe I was a little hasty. I'll think about what you guys said."