View Single Post

Thread: MitD XIII: Learning is happening

1. - Top - End - #913
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MitD XIII: Learning is happening

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
    I feel like voting for whatever of the however many rules we're voting on individually is the most reasonable (to quote O-Chul and all that).
    And if you feel that way, every voting system probably allows for it - the one I intend to use certainly allows it. But if you'd prefer to cast a vote of the style "both of them, or neither", then an individual vote won't do.

Worse, individual votes can end in paradoxes. Say that we have two options, A & B. A receives a majority, as does B, but A & B together fail, so now I have to implement both and not implement them together. Fun times.

And before you tell me that I shouldn't allow the vote "A & B together, but neither individually", let me stop you right there and state, clearly and unambiguously, that as long as I am the curator, I will never restrict the votes someone can express. And yes, I have had people who wanted combination of options but not their individual components. This is not theoretical.

ETA: see this post for the upcoming vote

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2019-08-10 at 07:46 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est