Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Spoiler: House de Pantou
Show
Dear Earl Varrais de Pantou,

It will be your duty to direct the exact nature of prototypes developed for existing colonies without units or newly developed colonies as overseen by the Grand Administrator. The Grand Scientist is be the main voice of research on the Council, proposing in what manner Zaqaru should develop Archives, pursue prototypes and their blueprints or host expeditions.
Sitting on the Council, I expect debates with the other Councillors on the best course of action for Zaqaru towards the future and for the Grand Scientist to convince myself and the other Councillors of the plans.

In this sense, you will be closely working with the Grand Administrator if desiring new colonies to develop prototypes on. Should you wish leadership for the scientists, the Grand Diplomat and myself will be the one to convince. If you have plans for assistance from outside Zaqaru, you might need to convince more of your fellow councillors to free up resources or services for a trade.

After listening carefully to each and every one of the Councillors I will make a final judgement, taking into account each of the arguments and the situation at hand. For example, during times of war, I expect a Grand Scientist to at least bring up plans for fleet prototypes to replace losses or something similar and not call for exploratory expeditions. Given this example, the exact prototype to develop is determined by the Grand Scientist based on designs proposed by the different Zaqaru Universities. As you will be able to provide Universities yourself, you clearly have an advantage in selecting designs.

Sincerely,
Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

Spoiler: Excagon Family, House Arnos, House Gilkara
Show
Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru looks at Duke Torbin Gilkara as Duke Raudos Arnos states his price. “Would that be acceptable?” He reaches out a hand, trying to, in body language, pull Duke Torbin Gilkara to make a counter offer if it is not, to prevent a simple impasse.

Turning to the Excagon representative, he continues. “That is why I suggested you to approach House Laramy if we can come to an accord. With your reputation, this may be framed in another light. After all, this allows a valuable opportunity for House Laramy to not split their forces between defense of the Imperial Capital, as well as the Rayview and Whitewynne Sectors, but allow a much greater focus towards the Collective’s home and ensure that the greater amount of territories they can conquer in such a strike will not be able to be used against them in the event of a retaliation.”