Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
Sky High

Cessie returns the nod. "Thank you for the honest words. I trust that your reporting of VIGIL will follow the same standard, and if that's your intention you are welcome to swing by at any time. We are protecting Skyside too after all and could use all the support we can get." She nods again. "Farewell."

Then her attention turns back to Jezebel and she can't help but to smile even if she didn't quite get what was so amusing. "I don't see what's so funny. That all went well, didn't it? I could see a million ways that would have turned out far worse so we should consider ourselves fortunate. I mean, when it comes to being questioned about our past we've both made questionable choices, haven't we?" She reaches out to touch Jezebel's hand.
Sky High

Jezebel turns her hand over, accepting Cessie's hand to give it a squeeze. "Perhaps it did go well, but I suspect we'll have to see what salacious headlines come out in the morning before we can be certain. Who knows? Maybe they'll announce us before we get the chance to." She points out. Despite the seriousness of the situation, she can't help but continue being amused by it all. After a moment she'll withdraw her hand from Cessie's and set up her place at the table a little more to her personal preferences. "Mostly, I find it refreshing in a way. I've been in the public eye for so long that a break has been welcome, but it will be nice to have a reason to show the Gardens to someone new to them. It would also cheer up most of the residents as well I imagine." She reasons before smiling right up at Cessie again.

"And yes, we've both made questionable choices in our past and will likely make more in the future, but for now? Well, for now I would say I am quite confident in certain choices I've made recently. Particularly about who I'm spending my time with."