Adamas

Adamas is taken back from the outburst of questions. Holding fingers up to count, he answers

"Taara. I like that name. I think I will call you Staara. So that you are a star in two languages.

You walked quite a bit, then, young miss Staara. I have also. I am from the Spire, the great mountains to the North. Many days travel from here.My people are the Goliaths, or the Naghuvpu, the Ancients of the Stone. I came here to see how do the silly Lowlanders fare so well, when they are so weak. I am looking for their secret, see?

And yes, I am called Trunksplitter for now. It is a name and a title, because I won the competition of splitting a tree 's trunk three times in a row. My full name, I have to know you better to tell you."

Tired from all that talking, Adamas takes a downs his drink in one gulp. But then suddenly a commotion begins. An even smaller lowlander, almost a child stumbles. Adamas looks around bewildered and takes a look.

"Does this thing happen often? This boy here rode a lot and in pain. Probably had a horse.

Good boy. Tough, a fighter and a winner. I like him. I accept his challenge. I will help."

He picks up his bag and starts towards the door. He stops.

"Where is this Tamor town?"