View Single Post

Thread: [IC] The Plague of Tamor Town

1. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] The Plague of Tamor Town

Cuddy

Cuddy had been watching the introductions excitedly. This was a group of talented individuals that perhaps it was best to hitch his star to. Maybe he would survive his circumstances after all. Win friends and influence people, he thought. It served him well on the streets, and it may very well save his life now.

He enthusiastically introduces himself as Laurens, duke of Calinheim to Taara, and loudly enough for the rest of the bar patrons to hear while simultaneously feigning modesty.

It is when the youth of Tamor stumbles into the bar that Cuddy gets more animated. His fingers reach inside his cloak to the hilt of a concealed dagger instinctively, but relaxes when he notes that the youth was clearly some rural yokel and not one of Boss Hatchet's hired blades. Still, seeing the pathetic youth tugged at Cuddy's inner good-nature. Something he had forgotten that he still possessed. Something about a young man in trouble. He even kinda looked like a friend he had back on the docks. Besides, leaping to a call to adventure in another town would serve the multi-purpose of making him look heroic, ingratiating him with this group of talented individuals, and getting him the hell out of Qsen.

"Boy, where is this town you speak of? I will gladly aid your folk in their time of need." He says. He crouches before the lad, next to Danica. "My dear physician," Cuddy says. "How may I assist you in rendering aid to this poor wretch?"

Spoiler: Investigation
    Show
    (1d20+4)[15]

Edit (After seeing Investigation result): He continues to Danica. "Do you note the sores on the poor lad? Look to be from heavy riding. I recognize them from my early days at the equestrian academy. Poor boy."

He turns to Adamas headed out the door, "Trunksplitter! Do you see the boy's horse outside?"

Edit2: Fixing color issue.
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2019-08-29 at 09:45 AM.