View Single Post

Thread: [IC] The Plague of Tamor Town

1. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] The Plague of Tamor Town

Tammy looks upon the face of the youth "I recognize 'im, he is the son of Urdur the innkeeper in Tamor, though for the life of me I cannot remember the poor lad's name."
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by ProudGrognard View Post
    ""Does this thing happen often? Where is this Tamor town?"
    Tammy: "No sir, Mr. Trunksplitter, this is quite unusual if you ask me." She points out the window to the open city gate "Follow the road to the northeast, it will get you there sure 'nuff. The guardhouse across the way has a local map if you wish to take a look."
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by fyleisch View Post
    "Someone needs to fetch the town healer."
    Tammy: "One of the watchmen of the gate ran off after he collapsed, I suspect a healer will be hear shortly."
    -----

Soon after the youth announces the plague and collapses several of the patrons decide that they are better off somewhere else, and after Danica's diagnosis the majority of the remaining patrons decide to leave as well.

Spoiler: OOC for Danica
    Show
    With the 18 medicine you also notice that the poor lad had lost a lot of blood and would have been making death saves soon, but with Ellis' healing this is no longer a problem.
    -----

As Ellis begins to pour energy into the young man she feels a slight resistance and for the briefest moment a faint yet unmistakable tinge of evil before the resistance gives way. Many of the pustules burst and spew their contents before knitting closed and smoothing over. The bleeding on his thighs stops and the skin repairs itself. His breathing stabilizes but he is still unconscious.

Spoiler: OOC for Ellis
    Show
    I am going to say that you cured a secondary infection and healed for a little bit, he now has a fighting chance to survive with prolonged treatment. You realize that the primary plague he is suffering from is not natural and still lingers.
    -----

Disturbed by the ruckus of scraping benches a short overly fat man wearing fancy cloths and a few too many rings, likely a merchant of some kind from out of town, comes down from the rooms. Upon seeing the youth on the floor and hearing the diagnosis he pulls out a hankerchief covered in ruffles and covers his mouth and nose. With a nasaly voice he says "Ohh get that dead... thing out of here before we all catch the Shadow Rot. You" he gestures feebly with his free hand at Adamas causing his jowls to giggle "dispose of that mess and I will give you a shiny copper." His eyes look over the rest of the assembly and gradually land on Cuddy and stay there for a moment before he turns with a harrumph and starts to waddle back up the stairs.

Spoiler: OOC for Cuddy
    Show
    You have seen this man before, he has had occasional dealings with Boss Hatchet but you have never had the opportunity to catch his name. He is the type that remembers only the people that he thinks are important and dismisses almost everyone else. It is unlikely that he currently knows of your predicament as he is not that close to Boss Hatchet.

Spoiler: Shadow Rot, no check required
    Show
    Shadow Rot is not a real disease, merely something the wealthy elite think all the poor people have by nature of being poor.
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2019-08-30 at 12:46 AM.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese