1. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Magic the Gathering Thread XXIV: *Slaps Roof* This Thread Can Hold So Many Chand

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Are you sure? Your opponent is going to tutor for Damping Sphere or whatever sideboard hate they brought in to react to it, I'm not sure you want that happening early on. If you're in a topdeck war in the late game, being Tron already gives you the edge - you hardly want to give your opponents a topdeck of their choice.
    I'm not entirely certain, and ancient stirrings might never see a ban so we might not find out. But tron can fight through hate really easily, force of vigor means you can even hit the hate cards for free. If I had enough money to buy all the decks in modern I would certainly play a few leagues like that, but I don't own a tron deck and don't have the spare capital for it.

My thinking is that Tron basically has better cards, being an extremely consistent combo deck. Just wishing for a wurmcoil engine and playing it t3 lets it more consistently hit the exact hate it wants to win with, while them hitting hate cards is a speed bump. Usually questions are better then answers, and tron has the best questions.

Edit: The other deck I keep thinking about with symmetry is Death's Shadow. With Street Wraith you can immediately draw the card you want, or even miracle's it on the opponent's upkeep. It also plays very low mana cards, and you can tutor for Force of X cards as free answers.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2019-09-01 at 07:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".