1. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Magic the Gathering Thread XXIV: *Slaps Roof* This Thread Can Hold So Many Chand

Food is an artifact?

At this point, is there anything that's not an artifact? As long as I have a living cow, it's a 1/1 creature, but as soon as I make a burger out if it, suddenly it's vulnerable to Shatter and Disenchant?

I suppose you could argue that a burger is "artificial" because you have to butcher the cow and mince the meat and stuff. But an apple that falls off a tree is food as well. Animals live on food, there couldn't be anything more natural about that. Forget Mirrodin, there now isn't any plane in the multiverse in which living beings can survive without devouring artifacts on a daily basis. Potatoes? Artifact. Wheat? Artifact. Fish? Artifact.

I know this is a "gameplay first" kind of thing... but that's a little absurd. I suppose Clue tokens kind of started us down that road, but at least clues could, with some effort, be reinterpreted as quasi-magical artificial objects within the context of Eldritch Moon. Using Enchantment would almost make more sense; you could argue that it's obviously enchanted food, like you find in fairy tales.
    Last edited by Silfir; 2019-09-04 at 03:59 PM.
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.