Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
I think that's partially because Death Battle chooses their opponents based on theme. So they might have two similarly powered characters or two similarly skilled characters, but rarely do they have a case where one character is super skilled and the other is super strong. The closest I can think of is Link vs Cloud, where Link is called as winning because he is more experienced.
You had Batman vs. Spider-Man but there they treat Spider-Man as having nearly as much experience over his own continuity and as having mastery of his own "spider-fu" that is superior to Batman's knowledge of every single martial art. Spider-Man is not just stronger, but much faster and his spider-sense, taken at its best, is pretty much a form of future-sight that tells Spidey exactly what's coming. Oh and Spidey is pretty damn smart too.

The analysis allows that Batman could defeat much more powerful opponents (like he does), just not a character that is almost as skilled and experienced as him and also super and also has a mystical-like ability to know what you are about to do.

I recall they allow Link experience, but that's on top of his impressive arsenal by taking (some of) the best from multiple games, where they give Cloud only his "iconic" gear and abilities. They said in the video it was the "closest battle in Deathbattle history." We've discussed the reasoning behind giving Link generations of gear and abilities while Cloud gets the meager portion he got. As we've rehashed that battle to death, the less said of Link vs. Cloud the better.

I note DBX (the no rules spin-off of Deathbattle) had Chun-Li beat Tifa. Seriously, I know its no rules, but Chun-Li!!! Note her analysis here.