Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
I'd like to point out that by the same logic statues shouldn't be Artifacts, as they start as Lands. Plus, it is the best fitting permanent type and not worth creating a new one (sorry Tarmogoyf).

As for the Wildered Quest, I felt it was meh. The story is sometimes confusing and many plot points were pure deus ex machine and overly abrupt nonsense, but the characterization was nice. I think that the poster above me is being a bit harsh on the Kenrith twins, and I especially think that they are being harsh on the Kenrith parents, who are overall pretty good people. One thing I will note is that it actually makes the commercial (which I think was better) non-canon, as Garruk is never captured and brought to Castle Ardenvale (and it feels highly unlikely (considering the events of the story) that he ever would be). I actually think that the lore wasn't as well done as it probably should have been. Also, it probably means that Battlebond happened well after WAR.
Yup, the idea is that Battlebond happens after.

I'll admit I'm being harsh on the Kenrith's, but they do actually, legitimately, do nothing of consequence beyond kill some redcaps and attempt to save Garruk. The two of them have a powerful crush on their friend Titus and also Oko to a degree, and end up spilling every secret they can find their hands on to him because of it.

The mom is mostly good, but the dad taking his wife's rightful place as High King because she, in a moment of sympathy, opted to take care of his dead children is kinda ****y though.

I don't... really get the good characterization compliment myself. The Kenrith's come off well, primarly the twins since they're rambunctious idiots and it does feel like they're teenagers. The rest of their family is middling, with their stepmom being the best of them. Dad being basically a Monty Python character in how he reacts to everything once he's revived was... certianly a thing they decided to do. It was fun though. Garruk has some good character, as does Oko, though Oko's basically just the worst garbage fairy ever. Basically every other character was just kinda there or an *******.