Quote Originally Posted by Particle_Man View Post
It seems like the real problem is often a lack of communication at the character level. It could be solved by a conversation as follows:
That looks more like an exchange between E and G to me. Chaotic doesn't mean that the character is impulsive or random, and a chaotic character (especially chaotic good) would not be dismissive of potential collateral damage by nature of his alignment. A more likely exchange between C and L:

C: "The guy we're after has some pretty powerful minions. He might be too strong for use to take out ourselves... I'm going to apply some of the venom from that giant spider we killed two rooms back to our weapons. That ought to give us a bit of an edge."

L: "I'm not going to let you do that. Using poisons is dishonorable. If we stoop to this villain's level, are we really any better than he is?"

C: "Do you have any better ideas? We could easily end up dead up ahead, and then he's going after the city next. What's more important to you: Protecting all of those innocent people, or giving the bad guy a fair fight? If you're willing to let your code of honor put thousands of innocent lives at risk for the sake of proving that you're better than he is, are you really any better than he is?"

L: "Fine, then! Use your damn poison. But don't expect me to resort to such cheap tactics with you. I'm keeping my hands clean. And don't make this a habit, or we'll be looking for a new traveling companion to replace you."