Quote Originally Posted by Drasius View Post
Just spitballing some ideas here, hopefully between writing something out and any feedback, I can figure out if I like it or not.

Spoiler: CP are for winners
Show

Rusty 17 Graia Battallion
30 - Techpriest
30 - Techpriest

35 - 5x Rangers
35 - 5x Rangers
35 - 5x Rangers

Rusty 17 Stygies VII Battallion
30 - Techpriest
30 - Techpriest

35 - 5x Rangers
35 - 5x Rangers
35 - 5x Rangers

Terryn Superheavies
468 - Crusader, Thermal Lance, Avenger Gatling Cannon, Ironstorm Pod
422 - Warden, Ironstorm Pod
409 - Errant, Ironstorm
364 - Gallant, Meltagun

5CP each for the battallions, 6 for the Superheavy (because 3x Titanic) and 3 for battleforged is 19 CP. Almost feels like I've gone overboard until I remember how many CP are gone once you take into account 3 CP for Exalted Court, at least 1 CP for Heirlooms, 2 CP for Full Tilt, 3 CP for Glory in Honour - that's 9 gone first turn outside of generics like Death Grip or Rotate Ion Shields.
Graia for the deny strat, Stygies VII for -1 to be hit outside 12", Terryn for charging shenaigans
Feels a bit wasted to go an Imperialis house instead of a mechanicum with the AdMech goodies effectively going to waste. This might be better served by going something like Raven and regigging the Knights for a Castellan and 2 Battlecannon Crusaders for maximum memes.
Ironstorms amd meltagun are points filler.

Spoiler: Double Superheavy Detatchment
Show

Terryn Superheavies
352 - Gallant
174 - Warglaive, Meltagun
174 - Warglaive, Meltagun

[House] Superheavies
468 - Crusader, Thermal Lance, Avenger Gatling Cannon, Ironstorm Pod
422 - Warden, Ironstorm Pod
409 - Errant, Ironstorm

None of this "allies" business to game CP generation.
Speaking of CP, 6 for the Questoris detatchment (3x Titanic), 3 for the Armiger detatchment (1x Titanic), 3 for battleforged is 12. Not terrible, but I'm imagining 3 of those are gone before the game starts due to Exalted Court to give all 3 [House] detatchment models Ion Bulwark (you can pick the same warlord trait on multiple models with Exalted court, right?).
Again, the triple Ironstorms are there to soak points (and a little for looks, not gonna lie), can easily be replaced.
The Warglaives can easily be switched for Helverins to provide more backfield, since the default Helverin is 2 points less per model.

Spoiler: I'm warming up to the Castellan a bit late
Show

Hawkshroud Superheavies
704 - Castellan
497 - Crusader, Thermal Lance, Avenger Gatling Cannon, Stormspear Missile Pod
406 - Warden
393 - Errant

9 CP is still passable, I guess. Hawkshroud 'cause those CP are going to go fast with Oathbreaker and at least 2 CP on both Exalted Court and Heirlooms and double wound count is amazing for "free", plus their relic is incredible in specific matchups. Not enough CP to justify the Castellan really, in fact, I'm not sure you can really justify the Castellan without at least 1 battallion, probably 2. The Castellan feels more like an addition to another army where you shoehorn a castellan and 2 armigers in to cover all your anti tank needs and then worry about other things.
The first one is illegal with 4 techpriests. Each Warlord trait must be different for Exalted Court. But I like the second list best.