Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
True, she wasn't *good* by any stretch, but I think it's a hard ask saying she was plain Evil either. If she hadn't been employed by as big a douchebag as Kubota was who knows what she'd have done?
Eh, she still graduated at the top of her class in Assassin School.
Quote Originally Posted by KatsOfLoathing View Post
I thought she was an interesting take on a character who is a pretty moral person but has no investment in being a hero. Kinda like V but on a much smaller scale. She's not really motivated by any higher cause - mostly, she just wants to survive. But she does consistently stick her neck out for others even when it's not in her best interest, and seemed to be on a genuine path to siding with the good guys towards the end, after Kubota makes it clear he has no interest in pursuing a non-violent option in dealing with Hinjo. Shame it just wasn't in the cards for her in the end.
Imean, Elan also thought she would side with the good guys, but all she wanted was for everyone to compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by NerdyKris View Post
I'm not really clear on where she crossed the line into "bastard" or unrepentant. That seems unusually harsh. She was doing what she had to do to survive, and the side story in Snips and Snails shows she avoids killing if she can.

What did she do that was "unrepentant" or makes her a bastard? (Unless you're using bastard in a form that's much milder than the typical usage, which would be equivalent to calling her an {scrubbed})
Tootally agree on this.