i liked her as a person. though her loyalty to Kubota was definitely a problem. Call it a toxic relationship, call it working for the wrong people, call it whatever you want, it was pretty bad.

to be fair she did kinda seem like she'd be fine with several Azurites and other friends of Elan's dying, which is a bit of a red flag. So she's definitely got some bad in her. that could perhaps be attributed to being raised by Kubota though, perhaps given time she'd come to care more for people who aren't her, Elan, or Kubota. If there was time, and if things hadn't escalated as quickly as they did, i'd imagine that she would've made a pretty good hero and ally to the order.

Would be interesting to see an AU story where Elan went with her offer of "Be with me until Haley gets back, then you can return to her and i'll back off" thing. Always wondered how that would have turned out. At first glance, i'd imagine Haley and Therkla might actually be able to get along on their own, maybe give Therkla some personality that didn't revolve around loving or being loyal to a man.

Poor girl never did get to finish that book...