View Single Post

Thread: My Hero Academia 3: Villainous Interlude

1. - Top - End - #171
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Hero Academia 3: Villainous Interlude

Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    If it was literally the only way you were able to move, an exception would have to be made, for the exact reasons you've outlined. You'd still likely be restricted to walking speeds, but saying "you can't walk around" would be abject ridiculous.

I'd argue that that was more on Toga's parents more than society in general. They do things like allowing Aoyama to walk around with support gear in day-to-day life since he was little more than a toddler. If the Togas straight up said "Uh, our daughter has a quirk where she drinks blood and she gets a little antsy if she goes without for too long, can you see what you can do?" The folks in charge would come up with something.
    The fact that an exception would have to be made is problematic.

The laws should be written with the assumption that there are some people who have to use their quirks for some reason or another assumed.

"If your quirk is your only reasonable form of locomotion or you have to use it regularly to maintain your physical and mental health, then this does not apply as long as you are not putting people at risk and are using some god damn common sense" should be a hard part of the law, not something you have to go to extra effort to get an exception for

And I bring up Toga more for an example: It might be more her parents to blame in her case, but Quirks are explicitly a part o f who you are with your biology and psychology built around it.

If your legs work perfectly fine but you can't use them without getting special permissions, chances are you're gonna develop some... issues.

I honestly have to wonder how many Supervillains in this world are just people who couldn't get licenses to use their powers for some reason or another, developed a criminal record from unlicensed quirk use, and the criminal record prevented them from finding legit employment so they turn to crime to support themselves.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2019-10-11 at 06:18 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks