hm.

for what I can read up on Himiko Toga....apparently she did go to a Quirk Counselor and their advice was to suppress the feeling.

with no indication that she got any visits to him afterwards. which as someone who has gone through special needs programs, once is nowhere near enough for this kind of thing.

like, real programs for this last from childhood all the way to like college. its something you spend most of your early life working with the counselor to get things healthy. relationships are built on that kind of thing and I view the people I worked with during that time as more worthy of respect than my own father.

There is no indication of why she stopped.

so there is few possibilities:

1. her parents thought the advice was enough and stopped it. if thats true, her parents are at fault for not allowing her to seek further help, like a different quirk counselor or something.

2. Himiko Toga thought that was enough and stopped going. then its her fault for refusing help.

3. Horikoshi didn't know enough about this and fumbled it by portraying psychological help inaccurately in his attempt to make Toga look villainous, thinking that a single session of unhelpful advice is good psychological help and parents saying someone is a demon child is anything a reasonable parent would do.

4. Horikoshi knew exactly how this works and intentionally made portrayed the counselor as incompetent in his attempt to make Toga look sympathetic, but bungled the portrayal of her psychological problem.

5. Horikoshi is being even deeper than 4 and trying to say that while the situation is similar to this other thing, the existence of the Quirk is different from normal psychological problems in certain ways that make this more complicated and thus everyone is at fault in some manner, and that while Toga is evil for doing it, her parents and counselor are still at fault for contributing to it.

question is, which one is most likely? thats the problem here.