Two Flew Over the Cyborg's Nest

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
Mercenary Investigations

"Okay! Come on, baby, let's go," says Tina, walking over to pick up Magtok in whatever way is most comfortable and spreading her wings to take off. She'll take him wherever the cyborg directs. No promises she won't bother him some about his digs when they get there.
As soon as Electra is at least a mile behind them, Mag's spinal implant kicks in, and he should feel like he weighs less than nothing at all. He takes this moment to immediately begin doing some repairs on his bruised and battered ego. That whole situation back there was agonizing, and the sooner he can reassert his identity as more than just 'the quirky civilian VIP target MERC has been tasked with protecting like some kind of lost child,' the better.

"Okay, so first of all, I can fly on my own. You can let go and I promise I won't fall out of the sky and plummet to my death," he insists, squirming just enough to let Tina know he wants out, but nowhere near enough to forcibly pry her off of him if she's going to be melodramatic and overprotective like the others. "Secondly, I didn't want to mention that because we're dealing with an evil twin situation. Electra and Dena were already going above and beyond without knowing that Malice can fly. If they had any idea, we wouldn't be here at all. No, instead I'd be crammed in the back of an armored hover-limo with three spectacularly attractive women engaged in harmless playful banter with faint lesbian undertones. Every now and then one of you would acknowledge me long enough to offer a drink or ask about the bad guy who sent the assassin, and then go right back to chatting about your mutual history and who's doing what after dropping me off."

Hell, in other words. It would be a hellish, unbearable nightmare for Magtok, to be so far from the center of attention, to be relegated to the status of a mere object to be shipped from one place to another. He doesn't need the entire world to revolve around him every single second of the day, but to be reduced to a mere puppet, the confused comic relief chirping from the sidelines every now and then? Ugh, no. Never.

The Museum of Unnatural History

"That's one more thing I can cross off the bucket list too," Magtok beams, either oblivious to everyone else's disgust or just too Magtok to care. He vanishes for a moment with the heart, reappears without it, and then sets about dragging himself towards the rest of the party, pulling himself along the ground with just his arms, since his legs are still as stupid and useless as ever.

"Alright, so you guys still haven't gotten any sort of prize for your participation in this quest, no magic item at the end of the dungeon like most dumb wizards and dragons have in their crypts, so here's what we're going to do. Now that I can telewarp all over the place, I can get to nearly anywhere in just a few short moments, so you're each going to give me a single word. It can be anything, as specific or abstract as you want. I'll find something related to that word, the best reward object I can find in arm's reach of the telewarp beacons, and then we'll all warp back to the foyer together and call it a day. Sound fair?"