Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
Quote Originally Posted by wiz
With the battle over and the prisoners secured in the luggage you continue on with harvesting. Sending out two scouts, you have one harvest all the fruit with the harvesting claw, while the other plants the seeds to hopefully grow some trees.

Scout 4 actions used. 12 fruit gained

scout 2 actions and 2 pine comes used

With the hex now harvested of all fruit you all return to the luggage and set of once again heading south east.

The luggage 2 move used

There is nothing in the next hex apart from hills and you only briefly stop to let Pan and Bob out. Bob transfers the saddle from Billie on to Pan and then sets off.

Pan/Bob 20 move used

Without waiting for Bob to return you then set off once again heading South East to Fanon's mine.

The luggage 2 move used

Once you arrive at the mine you do not have to wait long until Bob also returns.

"Sire there was one goat in the hex south west of where I started" Bob reports.
Bowie climbs aboard Billie and trots out of the hex on a scouting run of the mountains.

You meanwhile order the Gobwins and uncroaked Gobwins out of the luggage with instructions to harvest stone. As per your instructions the Gobwins do not venture in to the mine but instead begin digging at the surface. Progress is slow and due to digging at the surface they end up excavating a lot of dirt along with the desired stone. The Gobwins have only been digging for a short while when the sound of axe striking dirt and stone is interrupted by a sharp hiss.

The head of a strange creature erupts out of the ground and begins to frantically hiss at the Gobwins. It only comes up to about waist height but it mouth is filled with sharp teeth.
Round 1

Quickly jumping out of The luggage along with your best units you hastily organise your stacks. The uncroaked are once again sent forward on a capture mission and an uncroaked Gobwin hurls it's net at the strange worm like feral. The net hits it's mark and the feral begins to emit a high pitched shriek and thrash around wildly. Cadaver then signals the stack to move and they all charge the trapped unit and begin to pound it with their fists eliciting yet more high pitched shrieks. At the same time one Uncroaked Gobwin hangs on to the net while another attempts to make the feral it's prisoner. Despite this action however no manacles appear.

Quite suddenly the Gobwin hanging on to the net and the one attempting to capture the feral disappear from view as something drags them underground. You quickly become aware of having one less unit in the hex and guess that at least one has been dusted.

Grim motions Cadaver to step back and the remaining uncroaked form a rank in front of the two command units. Now that they have done so you can see that feral and net are both gone as well and all that is left is two Gobwin sized holes in the ground.

The sole scout that you brought out meanwhile starts to tap dance nervously as ordered.
Round 2

None too keen on the situation you find yourself in you give a mental order and the lid of the luggage flies open... a single messenger bird flutters out before you scramble inside followed by Mahogany, Jessie and the scout. You then go full on the retreat and the luggage scutters away fleeing across the hex boundary to the north.

As you are just about to cross the hex boundary you can no longer sense the second uncroaked Gobwin.

Battle fled!
Meanwhile...

After crossing a number of hexes without encountering anything of note Bowie enters a hex with units.

'Bowie pauses upon seeing the huge beast. He unpockets the 4 fruits, raises them up in the air, and has Billie slowly trot forward.
As he gets to a ... (1 combat round move for a slow unit?) he bows and places two fruits on the floor before staying bowed as Billie slowly walks backwards

The Yeti sniffs at the air and turns its head towards Billie and Bowie, it snarls and looks as though it is going to attack before a look of confusion appears on its face and it watches what the Gobwin Chief is up to. Once the fruits are placed on the ground the Yeti stomps forwards with heavy booming footsteps. It leans down and sniffs at the fruit before scrunching it's face up in disgust and batting them away with the back of its hand. The yeti then rears up to its full height before pointing a fat clawed finger in Billie's direction and licking it's lips hungrily.
Seeing that the yeti was not interested in the fruit Bowie retreated from the hex and continued on the scout run rejoining everyone else on hex away from Fanon.

Meanwhile while waiting for Bowie to rejoin you you send out a scout to harvest the fruit in the hex.

Scout 1 action used. 3 fruit gained

With the harvesting finished you then all return to the luggage and head back to Fanon.

The luggage 2 move used
Now back in Fanon you turn your attention to manually upgrading the city itself by constructing new buildings. You begin by finishing off the stables that you had started on a previous turn. Using the Hogs to drag the stone in to place you then have Stompy the Ogwe lift them up to build a wall while a couple of scouts hurry around finishing off the fine detail

Hogs 16 actions used, Stompy 8 actions used, Gopher 8 actions used, Bond 6 actions used. 14 stone used. Stables built.
With the new stables complete you then turn your attention to the prisoners. You have have Cadaver take up position in the tower and have your golems bring up the uncroaked archers to him one at a time. Placing his hand on the uncroaked he channels his juice in to them and seizes control. This process goes smoothly for the first two uncroaked but on the third Cadavers eyes go wide and he suddenly gasps in surprise before promptly collapsing in a heap upon the ground.

Critical Failure!

The manacles on the uncroaked then vanish and a new bow pops in the units hand.
Hastily drawing juice from the tower you quickly unleash it upon the uncroaked even before it has a chance to raise it's newly popped bow. The archer is blasted to smithereens in an instant and soon the only evidence that it ever existed is a cloud of dust.

EXP gained

You then rush over to Cadavers side and though you can not find any obvious injury he remains incapacitated and immobile.
You attempt to reach out with your ruler powers and issue Dotti an order but you do not get the feeling that you usually do when one of your units receive their orders. It seems the contract that you have with Dotti does not allow you to use the natural thinkamancy of a ruler to issue her orders.
Unsure how to proceed you have Cadaver brought to the Portal room along with a number of supplies that you could perhaps use for bartering. You consider sending an order to your messenger bird golem but realise it is now owned by Dotti and no longer a unit of Fanon. The fact that the messenger bird is no longer in the city however suggests that Dotti was able to bring it through the portal.

Ordering Jessie forward you have her test the portal with her finger. She pushes a single digit in to the portal and it disappears from sight. She then pulls it back out and the finger is completely whole and unharmed.
Taking a deep breath you step forwards and step in to the portal, as your face hits the portal it feels as though you had stepped in to a wall of water though it feels both hot and cold simultaneously and you are left feeling slightly disorientated. The next moment you blink in surprise as your eyes adjust to bright sunlight. There is a blue sky overhead, soft green grass below your feet and as far as the eye can see portals glowing in every single colour known to man. There are casters too... Lots of casters! They are going back and fourth and just generally going about their business while paying you no heed.

Your attention is then stolen away as a loud crashing sound is made directly behind you, spinning round you spot the form of both Jessie and Cadaver crumpled in a heap upon the ground. Jessie is completely inert all her juice seemingly having been drained away while Cadaver is in the same condition that he was before.

Casters now seem to be paying you attention and you get the distinct feeling of being watched.
Seeing that Jessie had collapsed you decide to quickly push it back through your portal and after a couple of solid shoves it rolls over and disappears through the glowing yellow portal. For good measure you then quickly remove Cadavers magic items and chuck them back through as well.

You then attempt to hoist Cadaver over your shoulder while at the same time raising your voice, but calmly, without alarm calling out "Could someone help?"

A nearby caster wearing light green robes glances over at you before casually making his way over. "Good choice sending your golem back, the MK folk get twitchy if you bring golems with you... particularly war golems...." the caster declares as soon as he is close enough. "The names Sage by the way, I'm from Herb Box" he reveals as he throws Cadavers other arm over his shoulder and helps you support his weight.

"I am looking for Signamancer Dotti Crosst, do you know of her?" you then ask.

"'fraid not..." the lightly built caster then replies.

"Could you point me to the Hippiemancers?" you then ask.

"Now that I can do..." Sage replies with a pleasant smile. "It's not too far just follow me!" he then declares as he begins leading your through the field of portals.

"So what happened to your friend?" Sage then questions.
Erfman gives a little chuckle. "Jessie isn't much of a War-Golem. Her stats are below knight class. Though I could understand a twitchy reaction to an actual War-Golem."

"Well that might be true but you gotta remember casters in the MK don't have anyone to screen for them... they'd get twitchy over a Stabber if one turned up here..." Sage replies with a smile.

Taking his time answering, making pauses between each sentence.

"I don't know really... he was casting several spells... taking advantage of our Tower bonus... and suddenly he gasps and collapses... Some sort of magical backlash?" you explain.

"Magical Backlash is a boop" Sage replies nodding understandingly.

The dollamancer smiles. "Thanks for your help with him. I want to make sure he'll recover from this by tomorrow." He walks with Sage. "I take it you're a Florist, from your signamancy..." you then question.

"Last time I checked!" Sage relies with a grin.

As you talk with Sage you make your way through portal park and enter an area with small simplistic looking wooden buildings. You walk for a short while before Sage leads you away to a path that leads through a line of trees and on to another grassy field. Unlike where the portals were this field is full of life. Plants and flowers are growing around the edges and small ferals are scampering about. Cutting across the grass Sage leads you through another set of trees to where a large number of cloth tents have been set up.

"Well this is where most of the MK hippiemancers seem to live..." Sage declares with a nod of his head.

Glancing around there are a large number of tents but your eye is eventually drawn to a large pink tent that has a familiar looking yellow bird perched on top.
"That tent is big... who does is belong to?" you ask.

Sage merely shrugs his shoulders or attempts to at least while supporting Cadavers weight. "Not sure... You gotta remember I'm a visitor here just like you..." the florist declares.
You head over to the pink tent and stand outsides its entrance before loudly saying "Knock knock!" no sooner than the words leave your lips you spot a short rope hanging from the top of the tent. You then hear a small amount of shuffling inside followed by footsteps before the tent flap is thrown open revealing Dotti. "Ah Erfman what a pleasure!" Dotti declares with a big smile "And who's your friend?" she then adds as she gives Sage a quick once over.

"Please come inside..." she then offers holding back the tent flap. As you step inside you find the interior is surprisingly spacious and well furnished. There is a comfy looking pink armchair and sofa placed around a rich wooden small round table, at the back of the room there is a wooden cupboard and to the side a writing desk covered in parchment, quills,various pots of ink and a small chest. There is also a second larger chest that sits to the side of the writing desk.

"I presume this is not a social call? Has poor cadaver had a spot of trouble?" She questions as she waves a hand towards the sofa.
"Ah, Dotti, this is Sage, a sided..." he pauses to let the man correct him is his assumption was flawed. "Florist. Sage, this is Dotti Crosst, signamancer of superb cunning." Erfman smiles a bit wishfully. "Indeed, indeed. He seemed to have a round of bad luckamancy with some spell work, and while I have made an item to help incapacitated wounded units, I have not the healomancy to know if it would be of any use in this case nor if Cadaver will just cleanse of this wound at dawn."

"Are you able to diagnose this kind of incapacitation or could you procure someone who is?" you ask.

"Lord Sage, Chief Florist of Herb Box pleasure to make your acquaintance my lady" Sage adds with a slight nod of the head as you introduce him.

"I am no Healomancer but I do not believe Cadaver has the signamancy of a unit about to croak..." Dotti replies as she casts a careful eye over the croakamancer. "I could of course procure your a second opinion, the house of healing after all not too far away..." she adds.
"I trust you Dotti, but I would also like to know what happen to Cadaver so I would rather have a Healomancer look at him. If you wouldn't mind leading the way or have the bird deliver a message. Do you think a Healer could diagnose him free of charge?

Alternatively, perhaps calling on a Croakamancer could be more insightful here? Since Cadaver collapsed while attempting to Turn an Uncroaked, perhaps they could recognize the injury better... and more cheaply, not that I want to be stingy when it comes to Cadaver's well being. I'm afraid our treasury is rather low at the moment until the next turn comes, but we have other ways to pay."

"The Healomancers charge for everything and it would be cheaper to go there rather than have them make a house call..." Dotti replies. "The croakamancers are less organised than the healomancers and more of a rabble but if I were to take you to the naughty corner I'm sure we could find one or two..." Dotti then adds.

"Which option would you prefer?" Dotti then asks.
"Ok, let us all go to The House of Healing and see how much they shall charge to diagnose Cadaver, Would you be so kind as to do the talking Dotti?" You decide.

"Well as you appear to have everything in hand I shall take my leave..." Sage then declared giving you a respectful nod.

Dotti then took Sage's place and between the two of you support Cadaver's weight. Exiting the tent Dotti then leads you through the magic kingdom. As you travel you spot a large number of casters going about their business, a lot of them appeared to be Barbarian casters though a number seemed to be wearing the livery of various sides. As you walk you began to get the feeling of being watched and once or twice you catch sight of a hooded caster who seems to be paying you particular attention.

You eventually arrive at a large white building. "This is the house of healing..." Dotti reveals "It was built by dirtamancers and rumours are it cost quite a price..." Dotti continued to explain. "The healomancers are one of the more organised class of casters in the magic kingdom and they never seem to be short of work, they are therefore rather wealthy..." Dotti continues before taking a sideward glance and lowering her voice "You need to remember that nothing here is free, they may seem to do things out of the goodness of their hearts but there is always a cost." She reveals. Dotti then leads you through a door in to a large waiting room filled with chairs. Dotti walks straight up to a desk at the front of the room where a heavily set female unit in blue robes is seated. "Take this and fill it in!" The woman barks handing over a clipboard to Dotti.

Taking the clipboard Dotti then helps you lower Cadaver in to one of the chairs before whispering. "This is a signamancy item by signing it you are agreeing to pay their rates for treatment..." Dotti explains before flicking through the sheets of paper. "Standard rates for a magical diagnosis on its own is 150 schmuckers or 1 rand..." she points out before holding out the clipboard to you. "If you agree to their terms sign here..." she declares.
Responding in an equally subdued voice "Hmm Dotti? Would you put up one of your Rand's for us? Would you later accept fruit or farm rations for it?"

"Also.. where do Rands come from? How are they produced? Do you know?"

"Who first invented the Rand I'm not sure a number of disciplines claim it was them foremost the changeamancers and the moneymancers... it is now however a simple piece of magic that any caster can cast. A caster who has already paid their upkeep can create a Rand at the cost of 10 juice however in doing so their upkeep becomes unpaid..." Dotti explains. Dotti then demonstrates doing exactly that before transferring 1 Rand in to your purse. "I trust you will cover my upkeep for the turn..." She then declares.

With the paperwork completed Dotti then returns it to the caster behind the desk and you are instructed to take a seat. After a short while of waiting a chubby caster who appears to be wearing a white bed sheet calls you over and leads you in to a small room with a bed where he has you lie Cadaver down.

"I am Healomancer Hippo Crates" he greets "Now lets take a look at you friend here..." he declares before casting and beginning to examine Cadaver. "Hmmm it seems the patient has suffered from a mild dose of magical backlash..." he mumbles "Not been in a Thinkamancer link up as he?" the healomancer questions. "No? Well that is strange it seems very similar to the kind of damage one might take from a badly broken link up, strings all roughed up and strained but still intact.... there was certainly a mental connection between the patient and another unit most likely a more powerful caster" he continues. "He has a mild case of incapacitation obviously but no risk of croaking by next turn... Should be easy enough to wake him up now... would you like me to?" the healer then questions.

At the question Dotti gives you a look and slightly raises an eyebrow in warning.
"How much will it cost to heal him?" you ask out of interest.

"The diagnostic spell and an immediate restoration would bring the total price up to 3 Rands" Hippo Crates replies.

"If we assume this is the result of an enemy caster or casters, as we are aware of them possessing a Thinkamancer as well as a Croakamancer... we might need to consult with a Thinkamancer to prevent this from occurring again." Erfman muses, before facing the healer. "Is this an incapacitated condition that will likely resolve it's self by dawn cleansing?" you question.

"Yes by a new turn the incapacitation should be completely gone..." the healomancer replies.

To Dotti in subdued tone "Dotti, walking here I think I spotted a hooded caster in brown colored robes following us. On the walk home would you keep attentive and ready to dodge/Hoboken as you feel best?" You ask.

"Hmm I have been spotting more suspicious characters hanging around recently..." Dotti replies quietly.
"Dotti would you be willing to come back to Fanon with me? There is a few things I would like to discuss, as well as provide for your upkeep" you ask of the Signamancer.

"Of course I would I can't leave you dragging poor Cadaver around by yourself can I..." Dotti replies with a smile as you both begin heading back to portal park while supporting cadavers weight. Along the way you spot a familiar hooded caster lurking about once again. "I recognise the signamancy my lord he's a resident of the naughty corner..." Dotti whispers hardly moving her lips. "What's worrying however is that's not the same caster that I spotted earlier..." Dotti then added as you reached the edge of portal park. As you head in to portal park the mysterious caster follows though he maintains his distance staying in sight.
In a hushed tones facing forward (away from hooded caster) while walking, "Dotti, do you fear for your life right now?" you ask.

"No it would take a particularly bold and reckless caster to risk croaking another caster while inside the magic kingdom..." Dotti replied quietly.

"Could they be 'friends' of Cadaver looking out for him? Perhaps a secret Naughtymancy guild was formed?" you then question.

"It's possible... but my instinct tells me these are shockamancers not croakamancers..." Dotti revealed.

"Between leaving me to drag Cadaver the rest of the way while you go with a winning smile openly strike a friendly conversation with that hooded caster;
And we plopping Cadaver across the portal, and both of us openly friendly going to talk with him;
Which would think wisest?
We should loudly highlight that Cadaver just leveled and will recover next turn.."
you ask.

"Everything is best with numbers I suggest we stick together..." Dotti answers.

Between the two of you you then quickly drag Cadaver back to Fanon's portal while having the constant feeling of being watched. As soon as you reach the portal you hastily shove Cadaver through before turning in an attempt to confront your pursuer. As soon as you take a step in the hooded casters direction though he quickly retreats and dashes out of sight.
You and Dotti step back through the portal and after a brief feeling of disorientation you find yourself back inside Fanon's portal room. Cadaver is there being held up by a scout who undoubtedly found him after he was shoved through the portal. Giving the scout instructions to take Cadaver to his room you then set about retrieving rations. The first you give to Dotti while you take five for yourself. You then head up the stairs and in to the tower. Once there you begin drawing juice in order to create rands. Briefly pausing to eat a piece of fruit before creating the next rand.

6 fruit consumed. 50 juice used from tower. 5 Rands gained
"Dotti, I'm thinking now of carrying Cadaver to the thinkamancers, to expose to them the unduly ways thinkamancy seems to be being used by the Dark One. What do you think of that?" you declare.

"If that is what you wish to do your highness than I would be willing to accompany you" Dotti replies

"And also, how about calling AC to accompany us? To dissuade the apparent shockamancers that were spying on us, or directly contact them afterwards?" you then ask.

"I could do that sire, but keep in mind AC is not under contract and may wish to be compensated for his assistance" Dotti replied.

"Dotti, how is your Juice looking? I'm completely spent, so no Hobokens from me. But we have these two animated weapons that allow us to use our puny 7+3 Combat (+stack) at a distance, but... is this wise? Should we be considering attacking another caster in the MK? Running should be our first choice if attacked no? (And yelling, loudly)"

"I have 40 juice left, enough for a single Hoboken" Dotti replies. "I would carefully consider the implicit signamancy of bringing weapons in to the magic kingdom before making your decision..." she then declares. "If you were to croak a free caster while in the magic kingdom without proof that you were attacked first then you would be at risk of being barred from the magic kingdom or executed" Dotti explains.

"Hmm, Dotti? As a Signamancer, how good are you at detecting lies? If we ask AC to accompany us, and ask him about the shady casters, and if he's one of them, how confident are you that you could realise it?" you question.

"I am well versed in detecting falsehoods there are of course some that could slip lies past me such as experienced foolamancers but not many" Dotti replies. "I would however be careful of accusing AC of anything if you still desire to use his services in future" she then added.

"I'm still uncertain if we should go to the Magic Kingdom this turn, but in any case, would you call AC here?" asks Erfman

"Very well Sire I shall send word to AC that you wish to speak to him..." Dotti declares as she takes out a piece of parchment and a quill and quickly writes a note before tucking it in to an envelope which she then writes AC, The Dwunken Dwagon, the naughty corner on before posting it through the portal. At the questioning look you give her Dotti smiles "I left the messenger bird instructions to wait for me at the portal and deliver any messages that are sent through" She explains.

You wait for a short while during which time Dotti engages you in polite conversation but eventually AC steps through the portal wearing his usual armour.

Taking advantage of the situation you reach out with your dollamantic senses and glance at his armour. Juice has been used to reinforce it and raise its defence but it also seems to provide basic protection against shockamancy. To learn any more you would have to expend juice.

"Hi AC, thank you for coming again this turn, I hope we didn't interrupt some of your other dealings, and we apologize if we did." you declare as AC approaches.

AC merely shrugs his shoulders "I'd already spent most of my juice for the turn in your city so I was just waiting for the turn to end." AC replies. "So what did you want from me you already know I don't have much juice left?" AC then asks.

"Did Dotti tell you? Cadaver suffered some thinkamantic magical backlash and is incapacitated for the turn, he will recover on his own tho. We would like to take him to the thinkamancers for their inspection, but noted some hooded casters, apparently shockamancers, following us in turn in the MK. Since the caster wouldn't talk to us, but dashed away when we made a motion to talk, we were thinking if you wouldn't accompany us, on our way to the Temple and back, and help clear any misunderstanding up. A Rand for a stroll in the Park :) what do you say?" Erfman smiles genially.

"No I didn't hear but as long as he ain't gonna croak, that's the most important thing" AC replies. "Hmmm sounds like the Blitzers, mercenary lot. They will take work from anyone for a price even if it steps on the toes of other casters or bends a few rules..." AC replies "Mostly low level though they stick together so can be dangerous" AC adds. AC then shrugs his shoulders "Sure I'd be up for a stroll... they know better than to cause trouble for me" AC declares confidently.

Pondering on what additional buildings to build:
Golem cold storage - Stores golems at no juice cost, but the golem can use no move that turn
Advanced Jail- holds more prisoners than two
Advanced Prison 20 stone, 32 actions 16 prisoner capacity
Golem storage 20 wood, 24 actions or 20 stone, 32 actions - 64 light golem capacity

Pondering on researching a Golem Sleep Spell, you have a few ideas how you could deactivate a golem using an offensive spell however you suspect that deactivating one of your own golems may be a lot simpler.

Pondering alternative sources of wood, Erfman evaluates the following:
Piker Spears x14 = ~1 wood
Archer Bows x19 = ~1 wood
Ogwe Club x2 = ~ 6 wood

So if you used them as a resource for constructing buildings you'd get about 8 wood out of all of that.

Feeling more prepared for your trek through the magic kingdom you and AC take one of Cadaver's arms each before once again stepping through the portal with Dotti following closely behind. You feel a sense of disorientation before you once again find yourself in portal park. Once in portal park Dotti takes the lead and begins leading you in the direction of the Thinkamancers.

It is not long until you once again get the feeling of being watched, while some of it seems to be genuine curiosity at the fact your dragging around an incapacitated unit there are also others paying you closer scrutiny. Dotti gives a subtle cough and the slightest twitch of her head indicating in the direction of a particular caster. This time the caster is not hooded but you catch sight of him following the same route as you are one too many times for it to be pure coincidence.

You however manage to reach the area that the Thinkamancers call home without interruption. Before you can begin approaching the temple of the Thinkamancers however a caster wearing heavy grey armour and carrying a long staff strides towards you. The caster is heavily built, dark skinned and bears the symbol of an eye on his forehead. "That's Jafa a high level Shockamancer hired by the Thinkamancers..." Dotti whispers as the unit approaches.

"Hold! State your business!" Jafa barks as he physically blocks your path.

"Greetings, my name is Erfman of the side of Fanon, this is Cadaver a barbarian caster. Cadaver has suffered what appears to be thinkamantic magical backlash from what we believe was an illegal use of Thinkamancy from a caster on the side of Darkside".
Erfman extends his pinky and states "I ready to pinky swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth about this matter this turn."

"I believe the Great Minds shall be interested in inspecting Cadaver for confirmation of my suspicions, and I'm here with Cadaver to provide them with that opportunity." Erfman states clearly.

Jafa patiently listens as you explain why you are here. "Non Thinkamancers are not allowed in the temple you will wait here while I signal one of the Thinkamancers" Jafa responds. The Shockamancer guard then points skywards and a small amount of shockamancy is released from his fingertip and shoots skywards making a brief flash of green light in the air.

A short while later a female caster wearing light blue clothing and with dark curly hair casually strolls in your direction.

"Greetings friends how can I help you?" she greets offering a pleasant smile and a slightly concerned look in Cadaver's direction.

Erfman smiles and starts more affably than before, "Greetings, my name is Erfman, King of the newly refounded side of Fanon. This here is Cadaver, a barbarian Croakamancy we've generously employed and who will recover at dawn. You may have already met Dotti, barbarian Signamancer, and AC, barbarian Shockamancer." you begin by way of greeting. Dotti offers a slight smiles and a tilt of her head as you introduce her while AC just grunts.

"A pleasure to meet you all I am Deanna, barbarian Thinkamancer and liaison to the Great Minds" The Thinkamancer replies. "It is a rare pleasure to meet a king, rulers so very rarely enter the magic kingdom themselves..." she declares.

Introductions complete, Erfman extends his pinky and states solemnly "I hereby pinky swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about the following matter relating to Cadaver's incapacitation" you declare abruptly.

Deanna seems surprised by the sudden pinky swear but soon recovers her composure.

"We've captured uncroaked units from the side of Dark Side; At our tower, the uncroaked were brought one by one in prisoner' shackles, Cadaver cast Seize Uncroaked two times successfully​, on his third uncroaked he gasped and collapsed incapacitated; The uncroaked at that moment was repatriated, with no other Darkside units present." you begin to explain.

Deanna nods and motions for you to continue.

"We've taken Cadaver to The House of Healing and the Healomancer Hippo Crates diagnosed him with incapacitation resulting from a badly broken link. This is really bizarre, since he wasn't in a link up at the time, the enemy never entered our hex, and the only thinkamancer in our battle space we know of is the captured Lady Shipping of Fanon. We have come to see if there is aid which could be acquired from the Thinkamancers on this matter." you finish.

"Hmmm I'm sure this Hippo Crates is good at his craft but perhaps he is mistaken" Deanna replied calmly. "May I?" she then asked as she reached out in Cadaver's direction.

As you agree she then reaches out and places her hand upon Cadaver's head. "Hmmm... aah yes... there is indeed some similarities between the damage done to this units mind and the backlash damage from a poorly broken link." she declares. "You said that he was casting a croakamancy spell when this occurred correct? Could you tell me the mechanics of this spell?" she then questioned.

"Perhaps we could invite another barbarian Croakamancer to better enlighten​ us. In any case, what we've seen is a spell that turns uncroaked to our side. Cadaver said he would need at minimum 25 Juice for an attempt at seizing a basic type of uncroaked, and that more advanced uncroaked should take at least 100 Juice if not more per attempt. He also showed us in our last battle a mass version of the spell, albeit only two uncroaked of a stack were turned in the middle of that battle, when all previous attempts by Cadaver at seizing single uncroaked were successful (hm, 3 or 4?). He also mentioned that the closer he was to his quarry, and the farther the enemy Croakamancer was, the easiest it would be to seize."

Erfman then pauses remembering that infinite moment that is spellcasting, and describes it to the Thinkamancer

"Hmm, also I now remember I actually cast the spell once from a scroll.. It felt like..."

"I see... I am no expert on Croakamancy but I believe there is a connection between the uncroaked and the croakamancer that created them. What this spell seems to do is sever the connection to the creator and replace it with a connection to the caster of the spell. Now this is just a theory but I believe what may have happened by accident or deliberate act is that Cadaver was it? Formed a connection with the enemy croakamancer and it was this connection that caused the magical backlash. Perhaps it was an accident, perhaps a deliberate attack by the enemy caster but it may have even incapacitated the other croakamancer as well..." Deanna thought out loud.

"Do you have any idea for a magical way for us to find out if it incapacitated the other croakamancer too?" you question.

"I could thinkagram the other caster, I would know if they were unable to respond due to being incapacitated. Of course you would need to know the name of the caster and the name of their side..." Deanna replies.

"Oh! That easy?! And if they don't pick up It wouldn't cost Juice would it?!" Erfman excitedly exclaims

"Would you be so kind as to try? To contact the caster Dark One from the side Darkside" you request.

"Such a Thinkagram would cost 2 rands" she replies with a smile. "I presume if the caster responds you do not want me to convey a message..." Deanna asks in return.

Krakadoom!!!

The entirety of the erf shakes and the world is whited out in an incredibly bright white light as though a titanic blast of thunder was released and unleashed upon the land. Briefly there is a moment of static and nothingness as the very laws of the world itself rewrite itself...

...and then everything returns to normal as though nothing had ever happened. (And as far as the Erfworlders were concerned nothing had changed things were as they always had been)

—————————

(From this point forwards a major retcon has taken place. This game will now use Cyper’s base mechanics/rulebase (with some differences). Any rule or mechanic or stats discovered before this point may now have changed.)