1. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Why each class is in its tier: 2019 update!

Quote Originally Posted by Elves View Post
    I'll vote expert: 5.75 to help heal your frustration.

Also voting sorcerer: 2 because sorcerer should remain the exemplar of T2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombulian View Post
    Hm, I thought I had voted in the Incarnum thread, but maybe I decided not to because the common ratings of Totemist 3, Incarnate 4, Soulborn 5 were what I agreed with and I didn't have much else to say about them.
    I would like to add now that I'd change my vote for Incarnate to 3, as I've been working with them more as of late and appreciating what they have to offer a bit more.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeTheCat View Post
    Actually yeah. I had the chance to play one for a brief period, and I basically ignored the knight's challenges except for fighting challenges. If I were to reevaluate it, I would say t4 just to balance the points, but specific placement I think it lives at 4.48 just like fighter because it is no less effective than fighter, in some ways more, in other ways less.
    Quote Originally Posted by zfs View Post
    I think [Sohei is] clearly better than most comparable Tier 5 classes and I think it slots nicely into the low-middle of Tier 4 - it's worse than Ranger, but probably as good as or better than fighter. I'd vote it at 4.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efrate View Post
    I am reaassesing marshall. I do not know if I voted in it's place but the auras make it into a potentially superior fighter and it makes a pretty nice face. HD and BaB are average, but you get simple and martial weapons, all armor and shields. Grant move action gives the party sans yourself pseudo pounce a few times a day, plus bonus on charge damage. Also they have all knowledge (i think looking at the wotc web article i do not own the miniatures handbook) and a way to pump that so they can toake knowledge devotions as well. It a worse spellless bard but I think it's better than a fighter.

I would put it at Tier 4 above fighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordCharlemagne View Post
    Incarnate- I feel is is Tier 3. On the lower end for sure, but fixing the chassis isn't that hard if you know what your doing. Slightly hard to rate though by itself seeing as unless you are starting at high levels, most Incarnates are going to have a dip or two to round themselves out better at mid levels.

[...]

Marshal- Tier 4. People seem to have a serious misunderstanding of this class. People often compare it to the bard (which is fair in a certain regard), but Inspire courage isn't really what the Marshal does. The Marshal can boost damage and accuracy a bit, but that isn't the only thing a marshal does. Marshals are much more notable for boosting skills & ability checks.
    (Although in the right party master of tactics does let you rack up some serious bonus damage). Nearly every party would actually love to have the marshal, and the class isn't really ability score dependent (It just requires you to have a 16 Cha, albeit more is better). The Marshal has the unfortunate position of being functional but boring.

Expert- Tier 6. I love skills, but they don't make a good class. It had a place as a dip for skills in early 3.5 and maybe some strange Core + 1 book builds in modern days, but skills don't make a class not tier 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lleban View Post
    Urban Druid --> T1

While the loss of spontaneous summoning sucks, I don't think its enough to push the Urban druid out of T1, especially if the spell list is a bit more versatile.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEMON View Post
    I don't think I have voted for Incarnate and would like to cast my vote for T3.5. If, per chance, I did already vote for that class with a different score, I would like to change it to 3.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmotherion View Post
    Sorcerer -> Low T1
    All of these votes have been tallied and added to the spreadsheet. Marshal is inching closer to the line, but nothing has shifted as of yet.

I'm curious if we can get a little more discussion about urban druid. The more I look at it, the more I think it's a solid T1. I think if nothing else, it's at least clearly better than the wu jen.
    Last edited by Troacctid; 2019-10-16 at 06:42 PM.