The problem with incarnate, 3.75 for my vote by the way, is that you lose the versatility you had in the beginning at higher levels. Its great from levels 1-6, but after that you start getting more and more wealth and its hard to stay flexible with that wealth. The more Soulmelds you have the harder it is to change which melds you have shaped without affecting your primary thing. The more you work with the party the more they expect you to have a certain role.

This is way worse when you try to use the avatars, besides good, as they almost require a certain weapon enhancement at later levels. Now if you read a guide and took a level of any skill user, or tomb of battle, or totemist first it is a system that multiclasses superbly well.

I'm torn on the monk... I see the tier 5 as outside the internet monks, but mostly play online where monk doesn't get played with restricted books. So most of the monks I see are invisible fist with the level 7 stealth ability baked in, they tend towards 3 or not being played at all.