Greetings, absolute first timer goblin on the playground!

Foreword
It took almost two days, but finally got through the whole thread and I have to admit it was a quality adventure in itself. The original post is great like a good first meeting in the inn and the rest of the story is an emotional rollercoaster. New friendships born, old friendships broke in the middle of the ruling analyses. However it was very educational and everyone left with some scars as it should have happen. I highly enjoyed all of it.

Kudos to Gastronomie for the amazing OP and Corran (among many others), who guys should be working on this game officially if the not already doing it!

Now the reason for my post
My friend and I will do an allegedly "long term" 1-on-1 GM vs Player campaign. We decided to use the Gestalt ruleset (unable to provide link as this is my first post, so insert imagery DnD Wiki link) with the slight addition to the ASI progression remain the original (+2 or +1/1 ASI at the appropriate levels or get a feat instead.). Considering this, it is not a regular multiclassing (although Gestalt branch multiclassing allowed) question per se, but still hope is fitting for the conversation to elaborate on the awe inspiring powers of the Sorcadin and go nuts with the broader resources that are possible. We expect moderate - high magic item drop rate, and the overall mood of going for super hero powers.

I am truly torn between some choices regarding a theoretical Paladin 20 // Sorcerer 20 gestalt, or a Paladin 17 / Warlock 3 // Sorcerer 20 and would really appreciate your insights.

Some already made decisions on my part
Spoiler
Show
As the base idea my sorcadin's life was destroyed by religious zealots because of his innate magical abilities, swore an oath to payback all who caused him harm. Sorta anti-hero gish. First he decided to eliminate the zealots, then their religion, then any other perhaps, until he must meet his own demise, because his powers got to originate from somewhere. To sum up with a motto: "By all means necessary." or picture a more gloomy, brutish and simpler version of the Emperor of Men from Warhammer 40K.

The goal is to still keep the versatility. Divine Soul and Cleric is a strict no-no but on the bright side party buffs are not necessary. Because RP comes first, the theme gives some restrictions.

Race: V. Human
Point-buy base stats
Classes: Paladin (Oath of Vengeance), Sorcerer (Shadow)
Skills: Intimidation, Persuasion
Sword & Board with Dueling fighting style

And that's that... alas come confusion.

Confused rambling about stats and feats
Spoiler
Show
Now right at the beginning I am stumped because of the negative initiative modifier and the fact that this build provide such unobservancy, it should be a miracle to not don your armor upside down after each rest. I really don't see the point of being a total badass with theoretical nigh invulnerability by level 6, if you can't make the difference between a twig and the giant dragon that is rushing at you with murderous intent and in 90% of your adventuring career you will start every turn at the last position on the initiative table. Everything acts before you. Even the aforementioned twig. Bearing this in mind, would it cause public outrage to consider the Alert feat as the starting V. Human pick instead of War Caster? Without a party, nobody can warn me about the possible threats, so the +5 initiative and the "surprise shield" can be really handy. Nobody can keep up concentration if they are nuked down right?

With the expectation of getting my hands on an early Gauntlet of Ogre Power (which is 101 - 500 gold and Uncommon) STR should not be a problem. This strikes me as an opportunity to start with 13 10 15 8 10 15 (13 10 16 8 10 16 with racials). This comply the Gestalt rules to allow the starting double class and while losing on the 15 STR +1 attack and damage and the innate possibility to wear plate, with GoOP it is also seems to be covered. As a backup plan for the STR problem, a 1 level dip to Hexblade should solve the attack/damage bonuses with CHA SAD, but delay Aura of Protection by one level.

I am also not really fond about the low DEX. Aura of Protection can mitigate some of this, but Shield Master seems really tempting for the +2 / +5 save bonus from the shield's AC and get zero damage on a success as a reaction if not already used on Shield or Counterspell etc. Also a nice shove with the house rule to allow it on quickened BB and GFB, making it almost Sentinel, but the enemy ends up being prone instead of 0 movement. Even without the house rule it is a nice thing.

Would it be reasonable to think about the following progression with GoOP early drop?
Stats: 13 10 16 8 10 16 with racials on CON and CHA
LvL 1: Alert
LvL 4: War Caster
LvL 8: +2 CHA
LvL 12: +2 CHA
LvL 16: Shield Master
LvL 20: ???

Or without GoOP (what if someone robs it, or gets destroyed, not receive it early or never, etc.)
Stats: 15 8 15 8 10 16 with racials on STR and CHA
LvL 1: War Caster
LvL 4: Shield master (No early initiative, but higher DEX saves early on)
LvL 8: +2 CHA
LvL 12: +2 CHA
LvL 16: ???
LvL 20: ???

Confused rambling about class and spell choices
Spoiler
Show
In the previous part I mentioned the Hexblade dip. From a RP view it is oddly compelling to choose this multiclass on the paladin "side" of the Gestalt branches, as both the shadow origin Sorcerer and the Hexblade gets it power from the Shadowfell and by the description of the class, a Paladin could also get her power from the Shadowfell. Rulewise it provides the usual goodies: CHA SAD, extra spell slots and spells, hex curse, the best ranged cantrip in the game, and a lot of amazing in-and-out of combat utilities.

With the single player aspect of the upcoming sessions, going with a 3 level Hexblade dip opens up at-will Detect Magic and Devil's Sight invocations. Those could save me a lot of spell points as the Shadow Sorcerer's Eye Of The Dark costs 2 sp to see through it. That could be anything else Quickened, or turn into Smites. On the other hand Devil's Sight could be interchangeable to Agonizing Blast as the ranged fallback plan, but constant Detect Magic is invaluable IMHO, so it should be treated as mandatory pick given the priest hunter theme. Pact Boon could be either blade or tome. Pact Of The Blade synergize well thematically and with Hex Warrior, and gives a chance to always have a weapon. Pact Of The Tome gives access to Thaumaturgy which is fantastic cantrip for various usecases and synergize well with Shadow Blade as it can dim lights as opposed to Prestidigitation which dim only one lightsource, don't need concentration, lasts for 10 rounds, can be quickened for the SB single nova damage. Both Shadow Blade and Pact Blade should have some overlap issues, however they give options for different nova tactics for different situations.

Character Level Progression
Pal 1 // Sor 1
Pal 2 // Sor 2
Pal 2 / War 1 // Sor 3
Take Pal and Sor till Pal 6 for Aura Of Protection
Pal 6 / War 1 // Sor 7

Onward no idea to level Pal for Oath Of Vengeance mobility buff or Hexblade and Pact features, but getting OoV spells asap is a juicy idea too.

For spells, the previous posts in the thread gives a pretty solid case so won't reiterate those.

If you have read all my gibberish, then kudos to you, and would appreciate any constructive argument!