Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
HQ Courtyard

Chaeron listens to Malice's list with an odd expression. Serious, but amused nonetheless. He smiles when Malice finishes.

"Well, as long as it's not in that order, some of that could be fulfilled right now," he says, "But some might need some further discussion. We do plan on taking on VIGIL eventually, but this MagCave you speak of...I assume there are things there that we might find...useful?"
There's a brief moment of silent tension when Chaeron expresses interest in the MagCave. I don't think Malice was actually expecting anything like that. People so rarely express interest in anything technological in this world of magic, but given the nature of Chaeron's forces, maybe we should've seen this coming. Regardless, the lair belongs to the cyborgs, not this jackbooted thug. As loathsome and degenerate as Magtok might be, Malice would sooner see the purple-robed failure cry and whine and quiver in the cave forever than allow Chaeron to own it. Chaeron might be convinced to help take the MagCave from Magtok, but it could not, should not, will never be shared with him. Never ever never. That subterranean fortress and everything within it belongs to Malice! Not you, not him, not anyone else!

"Possibly," Malice admits, uncharacteristically cagey. "We'd only just begun excavating when I died. Anything in there is mine, though." We might share our technological genius with you, loan out innumerable aberrations of steel and science, construct thousands of Malbots for your war, but make no mistake, Chaeron. Your crown, your dragons, your armies, these will not make you our leader, or even our equal. We do not bow.