1. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XI): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

I've actually kinda been sittin' around having zero ideas for what to run, so generating ideas for game scenarios in this thread helps in that regard. A few notes:

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay so in regards to neutrals, it looks like the plan is to have four? One wolf-friendly, one town-friendly, and two of "The Help" who are anti-each-other. An 8 town/4 neutral/4 wolf split is probably a good-ish game balance (maybe a little wolf-heavy, but that's more feasible in an all-power-role game like this), but getting 16 players can be rough. We'll see how it works out.

The other note, if you're gonna be thinking about game mechanics more frequently, is that the Armed Rioter (or the Soldier, or whatever it's called in various versions)...any power role capable of blocking kills has to be very generally incapable of protecting the same person two nights in a row - this prevents a scenario where the AR just banes themselves over and over and is unkillable during the night. It also encourages taking risks in regards to networking, which honestly needs to happen more frequently if my experience running games is any indication of how often people try such things.

I'll get a recruitment thread started for this game concept, and then probably in a week or so I'll also start a thread for a more...vanilla WW game. Running a standard game and a high-power game will be easier than running two high-power, I think.

EDIT: It'll also give us some mechanical variety.

Anyway, here's the thread for the new game. Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately as part of copypasting your thoughts, I've discovered that some rascal has taken all of your sentences and added an extra space at the beginning. You should hunt down the rascal responsible for this travesty and make them pay.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2019-10-22 at 01:32 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew