Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
The thought of not only getting to sit side by side with my idols and hear them praise me, but for people overseas who I idolize to be using my work as reference to for to make THEIR stuff better, would actually ****ing kill me.
I think I was misunderstood.

It was critics and fans using MHA terminology, not the writers themselves, but the idea that his work has become so popular and widespread that the comparisons get made in his favor at all isn't much of a step-down.

Anyway, reading the interview
Horikoshi: Now that you mention it, there are a lot of memorable names in Bleach that feature alliteration, like the badass-sounding “Aaroniero Arruruerie.” That’s the sort of vibe I wanted to replicate with Rock Lock.
I actually find it kind of charming that Horikoshi likes Aroniero's name, considering that Espada Noventa is... Kind of a joke. He's spooky for a little bit but as soon as his cover's blown it becomes pretty obvious that he's kind of an idiot. I'll be honest, if I didn't have a thing for the "eat something to gain its power" trope I'd probably forget about him entirely.

After reading the interview, is it bad that I want these two to collaborate on something?