View Single Post

Thread: [Empire 5] IC Thread

1. - Top - End - #423
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Empire 5] IC Thread

Wardens of World’s End
    Chief Deputy Warden Antich Heaventreader

Actions:

[PHIL] [P10] Organize Shadow & Flame, In Accord to Knights In Service of the Source (5 LC bonus +1 to Secret Actions)
    As enemies approach from all corners, a horde of death encroaching, and with living metal set to consume The Source a most unexpected thing happens.

The Source ripples.

A wave of lashing burning red energy corruscates and cascades from the eternal depths of its void before entwining and dispersing to the dark emptiness of Space. Sounds and noises disrupt all communications on Hearth, loud grinding noises, wailing notes, the beating of a thousand blows, and stranger sounds still blare from even disconnected or broken speakers (The damaged Umbral Augury witnessing such a phenomenon equally). Lights flicker on and off, changing hues, exploding violently, and shaking the hull of the space station with great force. Beyond this sector of space the effects are far more subtle, some passing ships report distortions on their scanners, communicators, and onboard systems but nothing quite as drastic. The farthest reaches of space have an odd blip easily explained away by a malfunction or routine checkup. But the Masters know the truth. The Source Awakens. Throughout the stars maturated and unmaturated life forms feel a stirring within their souls. A spark of magic within them. For some it is subtle, they will go their whole lives none the wiser, and die without fully realizing the potential within them. They will attribute the incidents of heightened reflexes, sharpened willpower, and fantastical local occurences as good fortune or fate or their own local superstitions. But their bound with the Source and the universe as a whole has been awakened. Others quickly compare their lot in life with the fabled Masters of Shadow and Flame and quickly connect the dots. Some join. Some put themselves in exile. Others train themselves. In the end it matters not. The result is the same. The mystical energy that flows from the Source and through all of life is evident for even those most distant from the sacred black hole and its attendants. Those already steeped in the practices of Shadow and Flame, be they the lowliest spark to the Fire Lord themselves feel their powers enriched, and the subtle pull of a great power beating beneath. This monumentous moment is soon followed by the council of Masters of Shadow officially recognizing Antich Heaventreader as a Master of Shadow, for all of his work done in uniting the people of the galaxy, and working both subtly and overtly to ensure peace and stability wherever the Wardens of World's End can be found.

[DIP] Attend the Event
    Antich Heaventreader, Fire Lord Vix-Tal, and Goda Bongo Chyet attend this "auction".
    Spoiler: Event Subactions
    Show

Trade War Beasts for Limited Transporters with DCC
    Accept 5 Units from TZH

[MIL] Defend N18 with 8 Units (5 Svaatyr reinforcements, Enhanced Microplating) lead by Chief Deputy Warden Antich Heaventreader (+16)
    Hanging from the cobwebs in your mind
    It looks like a long, long way to fall
    No one ever told me life was kind
    I guess I never heard it, I never heard it all!
    Living in a world of make believe
    I can hide behind what's real
    But wearing your emotions on your sleeve
    And they all know what you feel
    And here it comes again
    Straight through the Core!
    Straight through the Core!

[MIL] Defend O19 Cricalores with 8 Units ( 3 CPC, 1 Minotaur, 4 WWE, Capital Hull Ships from Celenian Alloys, Microplate/HEAT Engines/WarBeasts from Minotaurs) lead by Fire Lord Vix-Tal (+18)
    On a dark desert railway, cool wind in my hair
    Warm smell of sulfur, rising up through the air
    Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
    My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
    I had to stop for the night.
    There they stood in the skyway
    I heard the Core Patrol claim
    And I was thinking to myself
    This could be business or this could be Same
    The Masters lit up a candle and showed me the way
    There were voices down the cabin doors
    I thought I heard them say
    Welcome to the Hotel Cricalores
    Such a lovely place (such a lovely place)
    Such a lovely space
    Plenty of boom at the Hotel Cricalores
    Any time of year you can find it here
    Mirrors on the shielding
    The reddest spirit on ice
    And I said "We are all just prisoner's here, of our own device"
    And in the Master's chamber
    They gathered some Same atleast
    They stab it with their steely knives
    But they just can't kill the Beast
    Last thing I remember, I was
    Shooting swarms or more
    I had to find a passage back to the world I knew before
    'Relax' said the Goda
    'They're programmed to receive'
    Same can check out anytime they like
    But they can't ever leave!

[INT] Repair the Umbral Augury (1/2)
    Reconvening from their visit to the Alysian Assembly the Masters of Shadow originally responsible for charting out and creating the designs for the Umbral Augury quickly work on repairing it. Allied construction workers are requisitioned from the Star League and Celenian subsidized corporations in an effort to accrue the proper materials and tools for the repairing of such an intricate and bolstered bastion. Sacred oils are doused, incense burned, and a ritual held in pitch darkness. None are allowed to observe such a practice. When it is finished, the Source ripples with power, a strange omen indeed for the Masters, and they roll the destiny dodecahedron for consultation.

[INT] Repair the Umbral Augury (2/2)
    Parsing the messages of the Destiny Dodecahedron the Masters of Shadow separate and collect seemingly random bits of flora, metals, and strange tools from throughout Warden space to supplement the facilities damaged. Seemingly bolstered by the Source's strange emanation the Masters of Shadow craft a secure holding dungeon for further Same reclamation efforts and weave a strange mystical pattern throughout the halls and chutes of the Umbral Augury that deadens sound, light, and if some Core Patrolmen can be believed even emotion. The Umbral Augury stands once more, an Augur of dark times to come, and a watcher on the walls of the realms of life.

Non-Actions:
    Accept 2 units from KNV
    Accept 3 Units from CEL
    Accept EC Lances from GLR

News and Rumors:
    - Though asked to perform an honest investigation into dishonest power mongering the Wardens are appalled by the rampant escalation of violence it lead to and sternly denounce any attempt to leverage the faulty claims of the Syndrome into a full blown war against them by the FCO and NUT.

- All across the galaxy people are manifesting bizarre and mystical magical powers. Life forms not even in communication with widespread polities present these powers. One of the most unusual examples being a Wyvern from CEL space empathically communicating with scientists stationed to observe the moon they inhabit.

- The Svaatyr are hailed as heroes as they arrive to Hearth in great numbers. Several of the tribes native to the Space Station offer what crafts and totems they can in deference and brace themselves for the coming violence.

- Several taverns, inns, and fight clubs on Cricalores see a noticeable uptick in activity with the Rothuun arrival and the Minotaurs previous efforts to liberate the desert world are not forgotten as they are given a considerable discount (and mostly untouched by criminal elements).

- Despite being cut off from efforts to work alongside the Duenem properly the Wardens know that fighting in spirit is as powerful as in flesh. Especially for those who lack the latter. Though they understand little of the strange ways of coins, stocks, and digital calculations the Duenem are well versed in such arts and their communiques with the Cosmic Couriers bolster the strained relationship between ascetic warrior monks and cold calculating businessmen.

- The Uplift Chorus in one unified voice show their true colors in these trying times. The Wardens celebrate the tightened bond between the Tezh and the Union and pray for their continued prosperity. The efforts they make to aid the cause may not have strings attached but the Wardens do not forget. The weight of debt both military and economic may have been lifted but in its place a far heavier one is placed on every Masters shoulder. One of honor and friendship.

- The entire tribe of Ironbound are found dead in the living quarters they had claimed for their own. Morale was at an all time low in Hearth with the news of Same attacks more vicious and aggressive than ever before. All signs point to a mass suicide, most likely to avoid the horrid fate of falling to the Same, and news of such sends a chill throughout Hearth. Silence reigns supreme.

Spoiler: Ruler Stat Bonuses and Empire tracking
    Show

Diplomacy 10
    Military 7
    Economy 1
    Philosophy 10
    Intrigue 6

Expected Bonuses: +1 Int, +1 Mil

Embassies with: CEL, KNV, GLR

Opposing All Buyouts and Conversions

Cultural Identity: None

Tactical Doctrine: Bending Light Technique

Units: 7
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2019-11-17 at 04:03 AM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░