Spoiler
Show
Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
Early Morning Training

The bird “shrugs” again.
”Well, yeah but-“ he hops off the table and flips into his usual shiny winged kobold shape.
”Still quite a few kilos in the chest and arms short of matching anyone capable of that. Why I stick to the small stuff.” he says, tapping the mithril dagger at his side he’s calling a sword. It’s in a scabbard, but judging from the hilt he keeps it very shiny. It seems exceptionally well made.
Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
Early Morning Training

Mia has stopped drinking more of the tea/coffee mix. She learns quick. Still the coffein has at least a little impact on her that she got aware of the surrounding.

"Not my taste." she replies to Jezebel. she takes a look from afar at the weapons.
"If you need them lightened, I could take a look. I worked on such before, but they got replaced by energyweapons."

She then turns to the Kobold. "I guess everyone around here got their favorit weapons" she points at the sword on her back to confirm she got one, too.
Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
Early Bird Lessons

The catgirl blinks, a little surprised by the offer, before carefully grasping the handle of the heavy blade. The full weight and size of it all catches her by surprise as Jezebel withdraws, and she briefly struggles to keep the tip from instantly plummeting to the ground. The best Blanche can manage is to stagger back a step and shift a hand to press against the flat of the blade, distributing the weight to better cope with it as she examines the Eviscerator's rugged exterior. The mention of her name doesn't go unnoticed; her ears flicker and a brow raises, but she decides to put off questioning it for later.

"Melee weaponry isn't my area of expertise, but I've never really seen anything in a style like this. Much more complex than the stuff I know - most folks I knew used monomolecular axes and blades. There were a couple piston-based punching weapons or mechanical hammers, but those were rare." She moves a hand to the chain, testing the spinning motion with a gentle push. "So this spins around the chassis, right? You could get some savage cutting power with that, I know that's what those old tools did to carve up trees, but these things are not razor-sharp. Maybe rapid blunt force trauma to, like, break open armor? I think some machinery does a similar thing to smash through rocks and stuff." Finished with her analysis, she frowns, lowering the hefty blade to gently rest against the ground and relieve the stress in her muscles. "I don't see why anyone would favor something like this over energy weapons or something like a monomolecular lucerne, though. Both things do a damn good job slagging or punching through plating, and the sheer battering power this thing has is just way beyond overkill. I mean, I dunno where you're from, but where I come from, people don't usually go running around covered in twelve-inch thick steel plating."

Early Morning Training

Instead of letting the sword be placed on the ground, Jezebel takes it back and casually flips it over in her hand so she can hold the grip and rest it on her shoulder. "Five inches, actually. And an engine block or tank tread but that's the least of what I've had to kill with this." She explains before reaching over to the controls for her training hologram and turning it on. The Ork from before appears for a moment before it is replaced by something entirely alien and horrific. It stands as tall as Jezebel herself, even though it is hunched over, and the body is covered in impossibly tight muscle covered by chitin. The entire organism could be considered nauseating to look at. "Meet the Genestealer. Stands over two meters tall when straight and weighs in at several hundred pounds of pure muscle and armor and hate." Jezebel explains before reaching over to lift up its taloned hand to show off the claws. "These claws might not look like much, but they are capable of shredding through armor, bone, muscle, steel, and rockcrete like so much wet tissue paper. It can cut through even the strongest armor with ease. The only reason my blade can stand up to them is because it has a powerfield to reinforce the teeth and help cut through anything I swing through. But Ugly here has more than just claws. The reason the Genestealer has its name is because it invades worlds and infects the local populace. They implant victims riiiight below the ribcage with a tiny little organ that slowly corrupts the mind and body." She explains, tracing a line beneath her own ribs and above her abs. "The corruption links their minds together, forming a hive that seeks new members. Over time, they breed, giving birth to mutants until eventually a new set of Genestealers are born and the process begins again."

She hadn't expected to be giving a lesson, but she was somewhat tired of people not understanding why her weapon of choice was such as it was. "They invade Hive Worlds especially, worlds in which towering megacities housing billions of people live. By the time such a cult gets noticed, there are hundreds of members and dozens of these. So, please, take a moment and look at this thing. Imagine it racing down a hallway at you with a half dozen others like it and many times that of mutants and enthralled humans. All seeking to kill or capture you as they rush forward. They scream, their psionic presence battering at your willpower, and lunge. Fire merely slows them, lasrounds and bullets bounce off, and there's always more. Look at this and please tell me that my Eviscerator is overkill. If you need more, I can have holo-vids sent over if you need visual proof."