Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
No no no, you misread what I meant...though in hindsight the way I phrased the sentence earlier has multiple meanings that you could read it as...you are not a mind reader and I could have been more clear. Oops that was my mistake.

I was trying to say RT is going to screw this up somehow. All things die / change (silver glass / turn ash metaphors) and I wasn't saying this specific episode (Episode 2, Vol 7) ends poorly, but instead questioning how long can RT keep this going before they become RT once again?
Spoiler: Volume 7 Episode 2
Show

I predict that things will fall apart when it comes to the implementation of Watts' plan. It will probably be something ridiculous and involving a whole bunch of plotholes, since even his rather brief appearance in this episode shows an extremely cavalier attitude to the security protocols of Atlas/Mantle. Notably, if you just randomly shut down a couple dozen security cameras and drone eyes, someone is going to notice that such a thing happened, and they'll be on the lookout for it next time, and if it keeps happening they'll eventually take action.

RWBY has never been good at handling institutional actions as opposed to personal actions (and to be fair their story isn't about institutions for the most part). I expect we'll get another scenario like how all of Mystral's huntsmen/huntresses of any competence got killed off in a rather short period of time and no one locally appeared to notice or do anything about it, and sure Lionheart was turning a blind eye, but he didn't run the academy by himself.

The obvious failure point in Ironwood's big plan is the Atlas army, and its almost certainly going to be the Atlas army, possibly with the addition of an Ace Op traitor. That's par for the shounen course, as it goes, since institutions must fail so that the heroes can triumph, but it's a tricky thing to handle without making an entire population look stupid - which is what happened in the big climax of the last volume - so I imagine it will happen again.