Entrance Hall

There's a terrified gasp at the shuttlepod bay, like a drowning man desperate for air he'd been denied only moments before by the sea's cruel waves, a gasp which is just as swiftly, shamefully silenced and repressed. Gods, do the peasants really use those things to get around? It was so cramped and awful in there! Every minute, he felt like the shuttlepod was just going to collapse and he was going to die instantly, crushed by cold, unforgiving depths of the ocean. Gods, Magtok really needs to get his entire telewarp network configured again. He can't afford to die in a freak public transportation accident, not when he's so close to restoring the MagCave to its former glory! He is just too amazing and important to die, we cannot allow it!

"...hello? HALO?" Magtok calls out, trying to push past his embarassing claustrophobic episode and remember why he came to this godsforsaken sea base in the first place. It was to investigate this shiny new, Felandria-led HALO, I think. That's right, VIGIL and GLoG's leadership have gone largely unchanged over the years, aside from that one little demon incident at the old Watchtower. HALO has never been quite so static, however, and our own tenure as its leader proves that. Anyway, HALO went dark for a while, and now Felandria is in charge, even though she's never been a part of the HALO power structure before, to the best of the cyborg's knowledge. That kind of change means things might be different now, people might be less suspicious of him. He can try to talk to HALO, find out what they're up to, see how it meshes or conflicts with his own plans, and not have to worry about being shoved back into that awful deathtrap again! I mean, just because Intersection and VIGIL hate him doesn't mean HALO has to, right? If he can make friends with the right people in the right places now, he won't have to worry so much about the Ithuriels and Wenomirs of the world meddling in his rise to power later!

...That's the plan, anyway. There's more than a few ways it could go horribly wrong, and we'll have to watch out for those. Magtok puts on his most winning-est, charming smile, as he considers whether to decorate his next diabolical throne with skulls, torches, or skull-torches. I'm leaning towards little scented candles inside the hollowed-out skulls, personally, but I can see how others might think that's a little too much. A nice art deco skyscraper in Carousel Court would be nice too, though of course we'd have to evict a few rainbow horses and bulldoze some filthy stables first. A necessary sacrifice in the name of progress.