Quote Originally Posted by The Aboleth View Post
I regularly "cite my sources" as a preemptive counter to anyone who would assert I have zero clue what I'm talking about--this is the internet, after all, and that has specifically happened to me on this forum.

In no way was I trying to imply that I have the highest level of experience possible or that others (such as yourself) might have more experience than I; just that I have some level of understanding on the topic that isn't "I read it somewhere on the internet. "
I see what you mean.
I was not trying to bash you. Just to invalidate what i perceived as an argument to authority. I tend to be a bit sensitive on this kind of things.

When i was in the space center, with my bachelor, i saw more than once that i knew better than some engineer with a master and less than colleague with an associate degrees, or no degree.
As a teacher, i've been proven wrong more than once by 16 y.o pupil on something i though i knew.
And i can see every time i turn on the TV that i now know much more on political science and macro-economics that the average journalist or politician of my country, despite having never attended a single class on this subjects.

So I tend to judge the validity of an argument only on the argument itself.
I do cite my source when i'm referring to something i read, or when something cannot be proven through argumentation.