1. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Magic the Gathering Thread XXIV: *Slaps Roof* This Thread Can Hold So Many Chand

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Anything 20 and under is children. Teenagers are children.
    That's just not true. If a 20 year old and an 18 year old were dating you wouldn't say the 20 year old slept with children.

Having been subjected to passages from the book in question I can tell you that anyone who doesn't read "child" from the descriptions is a dangerous person. It is, without a doubt, a book about powerful men ****ing children. Given that Magic is trying to be more inclusive, and their main audience IS younger children, this paints a pretty horrible picture.
    Again you're doing nothing more than asserting that your subjective interpretation of a literary piece is the objective truth.

Also there's a ****ing part of the book where a character says "Why did the writer of Lolita ***** out and not let the hero win and get the girl" and that's just... not a thing that should probably ever be written, ever, by anyone. And Kelman thinks this is a compelling thing, has said and much, and from what I've read of interviews is doing the wishy-washy "I'm not taking sides" here thing... about this subject.
    You cannot take a paragraph from a book to be the author's own thoughts unless it is explicitly noted that it is.
    Not wanting to take sides is kinda shady, but not a basis to say he must be ousted. I also can't trust that you're accurately portraying his stance on that matter given your other comments.

Anyway this has gotten off topic. My point is that Nic Kelman is poison for the series and, while I've enjoyed the stories, there's a clear dip in quality from when he took over for the in house team and it shows.
    Saying that he shouldn't be in his position because he is unqualified is perfectly fine, it is something entirely different to make allegations.

And while I'm not saying that bad writers are bad people, a lot of the issues have been related to the things that are typical of bad people.
    I don't even know what to make of this sentence.
    It seems like an association fallacy more than anything.
    Last edited by Ninjaman; 2019-11-15 at 11:51 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature