If you want to be a full sorcerer with no multuclassing, not super well. You'll have very limited armor and weapon proficiencies with a severe dependence on a very limited resource to make your full attack action. We are talking two to three times per day for the majority of the game unless you burn spell slots.

Now, if you are open to multiclassing then I have a proposition for you. Two levels of Paladin mixed into the first 5 levels. Best to take them as levels 4 and 5 so that you get your power boost at the same time as everyone else (smite). From there, you have a stupid powerful nova once per day that only grows as you continue to level your sorcerer class. Most people say that you should take 6 levels in Paladin for maximum effectiveness forgetting that you have to play those 6 levels and then the sorcerer levels before you start to feel the power of the multiclass. Taking just 2 levels early gives you a whole slew of super powerful and useful spells that Sorcerers don't easily get access to, a little more HP, proficiency in martial weapons and medium armor, lay on hands for easy disease control, and smites.

The first 5 levels of a game tend to go by quickly with the next 5 taking a rather long time (based on my experience with the exp curve in 5e anyway) so if I am going to multiclass I want it online as fast as possible. If you get into the higher levels, once you have a comfortable amount of spell slots and sorcery points, taking more levels of Paladin isn't a bad idea for this build. Also, because you'd probably go sword and board for this build I highly recommend warcaster unless you start as a Paladin; then Resilient Constitution is probably best.