Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
Chaotic Evil characters (or any evil character really) is always interesting to write a background for...
How deep do you go to show they're evil? Murder? Mayhem? Slavery?
I did find your character's "voice" and hope it fits with what you're hoping for...
I'd love to hear feedback!
===========================================

It’s in our blood – the desire, a bottomless thirst for always wanting more. Every Dragon suffers from it – this is why Dragons make dens and horde their gold and trinkets.

But my family is different; not that I am a Dragon myself, but I am a Dragonborn with the blood line of the Gold Dragon. Gold Dragons – like all Metallic Dragons – are generally aligned with goodness. My family indeed aligns with aiding the good, helping the less fortunate and driving back forces of evil. They have earned a reputation throughout the Sword Mountain Regions for their kindness and aid; giving even from their own horde to help others.

In my veins – I do not share their ideals of kindness, compassion, or even caring. Like the golden scales adorned on my skin, the desire for gold clutches at my heart. But it’s not because I am a thief and I simply desire the money. No, my desires are more complicated… more complex. The more money I have the more I can pay for alcohol and other mind and body altering experiences. It helps sooth the rage and fire that consumes my soul with an unbridled fire.

Otherwise, I spend my time wondering how I can deface, tear down, and otherwise ruin my family name. It’s a curse that follows me; that when people see me they expect kindness from me; and all I want to do is fight them when they praise me.

I was born Alxaxir (“Shine of the Sun”) with the clan Kilvarax (“Bringer of Light”), but my attitude earned me the nickname of “Wrath” when I was younger. I was – and still am – always looking for that next fight. I challenge myself every chance I get and learn from every victory just as much as I do defeat. Everything is a learning experience to build upon; and one day return to destroy my family, their history and their honor.

When I left my family, I learned to live off the land, just as any Ranger might; using my tracking skills to hunt and survival skills to make weapons from the bones of those I fed upon. When a band of Blue Dragonborn ambushed me and took me to their Dragon Highlord, a female human named Kitallana Darksword, she swore she’d torture me for information.

I endured endless torture at her hands, and the once, glimmering golden scales now adorned in scars, is a reflection of what I endured. When she realized she could not break me she sentenced me to die; which is when I made her an offer to become a bounty hunter for her. As a Gold Dragonborn that hated my own kind, I could easily travel into cities and towns that she and her Dragonborn army could not.

She agreed, but assured me if I double crossed her, she would see to it that I would die a very slow and painful death. She began by giving me easy bounties to recover and I did so. She even tested me by having a bounty on a young human girl – a powerful mage by the name of Tasliana. It was not until I had gone and found Tasliana and brought her before Kitallana that I noticed the similarities between the two – she’d put a bounty on her own daughter, who had been working against her. I thought she might grant her mercy but was suitably impressed when she ordered her guards to put Tasliana in shackles and dragged her down to the dungeons below.

This is the life I’ve been leading for years; I remain in contact with Kitallana, still doing bounties for her when her messengers find me. But these days, I’ve been traveling, experiencing the world, and seeing what else out there awaits someone like me… someone who isn’t afraid to seize it just because I want it.
Perfect!

Thank you so much!